Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD WTF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well a number of proclamations from Elon have come and gone. We’re getting the new software with a button to opt in, 2 weeks. Then two to three weeks and so on. I think the last was that we would get it in June, that ship has just about sailed and I haven’t heard a peep from Elon. I know software dates can slide but these stupid tweets are pretty Annoying. How about realistic predictions and maybe some insights into the issues they are facing. I don’t know what the good answer is but I am getting a bit pissed off. If I had been seeing this for a number of years I think the class action lawsuit might be pretty enticing. I paid quite a lot for FSD and to be honest even on the freeway it’s sub par.

1624633946213.png

Where's the FSD class-action lawsuit?

There are so many anonymous nicks on TMC and elsewhere talking about a class action lawsuit for years, but its all vaporware and amounts to nothing. Can't each of you fork over some money to finally get this kicked-off? Surely TESLAQ can fund some of the costs of securing a lawyer.

Well a number of proclamations from Elon have come and gone. We’re getting the new software with a button to opt in, 2 weeks. Then two to three weeks and so on. I think the last was that we would get it in June, that ship has just about sailed and I haven’t heard a peep from Elon. I know software dates can slide but these stupid tweets are pretty Annoying. How about realistic predictions and maybe some insights into the issues they are facing. I don’t know what the good answer is but I am getting a bit pissed off. If I had been seeing this for a number of years I think the class action lawsuit might be pretty enticing. I paid quite a lot for FSD and to be honest even on the freeway it’s sub par.

Oh my, the anti new thread posse.
The advantage of new thread is you don't have to read 20K previous posts. I'm in favor of letting people speak their mind, rather than trying to muffle them.
So, how is reading through 20k posts on the same topic an advantage. ?
Also, no one was trying to stop anyone from speaking their mind or muffling them. That’s something you seem to have created in your mind. How do you know this suggestion was from an anti-thread posse. Is there a posse like that here ?

I see you are new here, welcome to the wonderful journey of this start-up disruptive electric car maker with ambitions far beyond any car maker before, just hold on and we get there.. eventually
They don't get to play the startup card any more. Those days are long passed. Ambition doesn't give them a pass to lie to their customers. Hold them accountable or they will never learn.

My thoughts exactly. The only thing I disagree with is that NoA works very well for me
So to be clear I find NOA to be safe and effective but it seems like it is allergic to the fast lane. I'm all about lane etiquette but moving me over to go 10 MPH slower makes no sense. If I'm set for 70 MPH and traffic has me going 60 MPH I should not be moving over.

Agree. FSD is what brought me to Tesla in 2019, and my Model 3 today can't really do anything that it couldn't do back then (yeah I'm not counting stopping for green lights as a feature).

Vroom will be picking it up soon and I'm trying to find an EV other than Tesla.

By the way, just took delivery if a no radar Y for the wife, so no, I'm not a hater.

2 things that blows my mind :
1) Why do they need DOJO if it's a year away before it's even started and FSD should be out before then?
2) Won't FSD subscription alienate everyone who bought it up front? Because nobody would pay a $200 subscription for traffic light detection. So it either has to be priced lower or not launched at all.

Reactions: daktari
I don't use NoA, but I'm very happy with AP/FSD and use it daily. I've witnessed the steady improvements over the past year of ownership.

No other manufacturer provides the functionality Tesla provides right now. I watch TeslaBjorn's test drive video and other manufacturers have problems with even basic AP/autosteer on clear freeways.

I'm not so new and can confirm, NoA is working very well. I use it daily when driving on highways :cool:

I'm not so new and can confirm, NoA is working very well. I use it daily when driving on highways :cool:
Agreed. I use it every single day and love it. I look forward to continued improvements and advancements, which is something we take for granted, considering other auto manufacturers cannot offer the same OTA updates. Tesla is light-years ahead.

Thanks for posting! I don't think I've seen anyone with this position about FSD before....

Also, you must be new...

Back of the line buddy

• Funny
Reactions: Microterf
Vroom will be picking it up soon and I'm trying to find an EV other than Tesla.

Good luck with that.... and I honestly mean that.

I think you'll find a few very good cars, especially if you order now for delivery sometime next year.

However, the charging situation with them would still stress me out. With the Tesla that your wife has that might make road trips a non-issue for you, but until EA and others can reliably work (like 95% of the time or more), NOT stop charging 10 minutes after you start because of some random charger or car error, and the cars have a smooth curve like Tesla does, I personally wouldn't recommend any other EV to friends etc. Tesla is going to have a run for its money with other cars, but charging still seems to be something that Tesla is way way ahead with in ease of use, reliability, and even cost. As a single car person, I'm not sure I would have selected an EV (and might still not this year) if it wasn't for the superchargers. (I honestly think the Volvo XC40 Recharge is pretty nice looking and probably is built very well, and the same with the Polestar 2. Both the i-Pace and e-tron seem nice too, but are priced a bit high for what they are and might have turned me away, even though I probably spent that much on my Y after FSD.... but I didn't buy FSD at the time of buying the Y.)