Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Yield Issue / Suburban Streets (10.4)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just some quick observations , FSD appears to completely ignore Yield signs in my neighborhood. A car was coming from cross traffic (they have no yield/stop) on a mostly uncontrolled intersection, and FSD didn't slow down at all as I had to slam on the breaks. Repetitive tests show the same concern. Lastly, having lived in both California and the Midwest, it appears the cars are training to hold near the middle of the road to allow space for bikes/motorcycles. This is an issue in the Midwest as the car is overly aggressive in the middle of the road, especially when there are no lane markings. It will literally stop dead middle of a street at a controlled intersection, blocking cars from enter the street im on.

The yield situation was the most concerning , as the car doesnt seem to know to slow down for uncontrolled intersections.

Fair warning to others.

Can't believe I hadn't realized that FSD doesn't recognize yield signs

I've seen it ignore "no turn on red" signs as well.
Personally I've never recognized those signs, either ;)

Most of the yield signs are just for extra precaution i.e. they are in places where already there is an implicit yield.

I think FSD goes by general rules all over US rather than - specific state based rules. That will take a long time ...

Reactions: Massive Attack