Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSDb losing all visualization every drive through same intersection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty new to FSD Beta, I've had it for just over a month and I'm currently on 11.3.6 for my Model 3. Recently, I've been having a strange issue on my drive to work. Every single time I drive through one specific intersection, within seconds the car completely loses all visualization and FSD Beta shuts down. After this happens, nothing will immediately fix it and I am unable to use any autopilot features, even if I disable FSD Beta and try to just use regular autopilot. I've tried software reboots (holding both scroll wheels), completely powering the car off and turning it on again, nothing fixes it. The only solution I've found is to leave the car parked with sentry mode enabled, after about an hour or so I'll get a push notification from my Tesla app that "Sentry mode has turned off due to a sentry system error". Once I get that notification, I can go back to my car and everything will be back to normal, until I drive through that intersection again.

The issue is pretty consistent every time I drive through the intersection, but only occurs when I'm going the one direction, its fine going the other way. It's a bit frustrating since this intersection is right by my house and renders even basic autopilot functions useless for the rest of the drive and at least 1 hour after. Has anybody ever had a similar issue? Any suggestions on what might be causing this or how I can fix it? Thanks in advance!

20230510_190959.jpg20230516_194721.jpgScreenshot_20230516_211049_One UI Home.png

It's kind of a mess honestly. Whenever I've used it and gotten to a specific intersection with a traffic light, the wipers with windshield washer fluid go off. It's to the point that I don't use it anymore in the City.

Just so you know, doing the two scroll wheel reboot doesn't completely power off the car. The car can still be driven during that process, you just don't have the display.

My suggestion would be to mount a camera in your car to record the event, (please don't hold it to record while driving). Then go to a Tesla Service Center and show it to them. You didn't say what year the car is and if you bought it new. But if it's still under warranty then hopefully you get a solution soon.

• Helpful
Reactions: KArnold and JB47394
Good suggestion by @Resist but I'd duplicate/record using the regular autopilot. The SC won't help with FSDb issues. Sounds like a hardware or calibration problem.

On that thought, you could try to recalibrate your cameras and drive around for a dozen miles. It's a menu option. Risk is, if it's hardware it could make things worse.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod