Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full body PPF wrap and now left FWD won’t open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so I got a full body PPF wrap of my X recently and tried opening the FWDs one day later, to show to a friend, and the driver side FWD would not open. It made the warning beep without even trying to open. I had to manually override the entire opening, but was incredibly slow to open. Could the film somehow be interfering with the sensors? It’s just that one side that’s affected. Any other possibilities or things to try? I’ll certainly be calling both wrap shop and the Tesla service center on Monday

I have heard you have to have an experienced wrapper that has done x's before or this WILL happen. I'm getting my car wrapped right when I pick it up and I had to research to find the best one who had done many Model X 'S.

I haven't had this problem with mine, but I suppose it's possible. The ultrasonic sensors are said to be very sensitive.

It may not be the wrap itself, but could be that the process of installing the wrap did something to the sensor - perhaps the sensor was marginally in spec from the factory, and putting pressure on the panel put it out of spec?