Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full body wrap, and the sensors...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just booked time for full body wrap with 3M Matte Charcole Metallic vinyl wrap. My fear is that it will affect the functionality of the sensors.

Anyone in the forum that have done full body wrap on their X, and can share their experience with the sensors of the front doors and falcon wing doors? Any experienced problem after the wrap? Missed detection of objects, cars beside etc?

I finally got my X wrapped... No problems with the sensors yet :)

IMG_3598.jpg

What brand of vinyl did you use? 3M? Was the vinyl matte?
We also got a full wrap on using the 3M Pro Series clear wrap. No issues with the sensors. They even wrapped the spine on the roof and no issue with recognizing low ceiling height or obstacles. I also got the seat backs and trunk threshold (silver horizontal strip where the latch connects) wrapped. Wrapping the seats was the best money spent with kids. I also recommend wrapping the sliding portion of the console. We didn't wrap that and the high gloss ash scratches very easily.

Very clean, I like the color. Have you thought about blacking out the silver trims?

The color is super nice, I really like it. The matte color shows the lines of the car so much better. Below is a picture of a Titanium standing besides mine newly wrapped. I did consider doing a chrome-delete, but due to difficulties in getting it to look good/last on the side mirrors, I decided to not do it (for now). But for sure, I don't like chrome. Tesla please put it as an option to get it blacked out... Guess that Elon likes it...

Note how small my X looks compared to the other one. Guess it is about the bad camera and bad photographer ;)

IMG_3586.JPG