Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full car wrapping Brisbane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exclusive Wraps at Coopers Plains were recommended to me when I first got my Model S. I got them to do stone protection clear film across the front, bonnet mirrors etc. The were very good cost $1500. I know they have done at least one full body wrap on a MS and were doing a Maserati. They seem to take great care. I'm not affiliated with them, but I'd recommend them.

ProVinyl seems to have an operation in Brisbane. There are alternative suppliers on the web.
ProVinyl Artarmon (Sydney) has a good website to get you started on the subject.
I will approach ProVinyl Artarmon and others re wrapping my new car which is due in 3 weeks time.

Are we really sure wrapping is needed these days? I know some time ago remote roads were just a narrow central bitumen strip (just wide enough for 1 vehicle) with wide red dirt shoulders and road trains threw up heaps of rocks. These days you can go right round Australia and the road condition is excellent (full width lanes with good surface and white lines both sides) and only about 100km of the old style outback road remaining (all on the Cairns - Normanton stretch).

On the 16,000km circuit, I only got 2 microscopic stone chips on the front spoiler which you only see if you are specifically looking for stone chips (and I'm not getting them fixed until something else needs doing).

I did also get a (presumably) big rock completely smash the perspex on the front number plate, but I don't think wrap would have saved the day if it hit elsewhere!

Last edited:
Are we really sure wrapping is needed these days? I know some time ago remote roads were just a narrow central bitumen strip (just wide enough for 1 vehicle) with wide red dirt shoulders and road trains threw up heaps of rocks. These days you can go right round Australia and the road condition is excellent (full width lanes with good surface and white lines both sides) and only about 100km of the old style outback road remaining (all on the Cairns - Normanton stretch).

On the 16,000km circuit, I only got 2 microscopic stone chips on the front spoiler which you only see if you are specifically looking for stone chips (and I'm not getting them fixed until something else needs doing).

I did also get a (presumably) big rock completely smash the perspex on the front number plate, but I don't think wrap would have saved the day if it hit elsewhere!

Some people wrap their cars not to provide protection but to get a different colour, finish (eg Matt) or add company logos etc.

Reactions: HandyAndy888
Are we really sure wrapping is needed these days?

Going that far with only 2 microscopic chips is amazingly fortunate. I had a brand new loan car which picked up several visible chips after only about 1,000 km. That prompted me to get mine delivered to the film installer on the back of a flatbed. Not inexpensive but certainly less expensive than repairing the bonnet with a respray. The other benefit is no swirl damage from less than expert car washing. Of course many would say the expense mostly benefits the next owner of car which is true to a certain extent I guess.

@Garlan Garner , photo attached....full vinyl wrap in pearl white with some company blue sign writting over the top which at some point I'll remove leaving just the pearl white intact.

Attachments

• IMG_3982.JPG
    IMG_3982.JPG
    370.1 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_3809.JPG
    IMG_3809.JPG
    358.3 KB · Views: 244
@Garlan Garner ... No sensor issues for me. I used one of the most reputable body wrappers in Australia. They are often wrapping high end cars.

It would pay to do your research in this area.

You're in Brisbane right? I could ask the chaps I used for Brisbane recommendations if you like?

-ECIT

Edit: oops, you're not in Oz ;-)