Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full car Xpel stealth etching.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car fully covered in Xpel stealth. Overall I am very happy with how the car looks, there are a few nitpicky details I still need to speak to the installer about, but the one thing that bothers me most is that there are a few areas that look like kind of etched. My installer said it should self heal, but it has been a couple weeks now with some pretty hot days and I have poured hot water over the problem areas and it is still there. I attached a pic of one of the worst aread and was curious if anyone has seen anything like this.

IMG_20180916_184849.jpg

Hrm that is concerning. If it didn't clear with hot water / sun exposure I dont think it's going anywhere.

I googled it and one guy was able to scrub some bird dropping etching out with lacquer or acetone or something (Try at your own risk, I am no expert for sure).

Otherwise I would think the installer/XPEL should warranty that.

I'm picking up a M3 tomorrow and taking to detailer. MSM. Was considering stealth - I wonder if ultimate has the same problem?

You want to take that back to your detailer and have them fix those issues. XPEL Stealth should be warrantied and hopefully you got paperwork from the shop stating they would honor the warranty and fix issues.

the installer should redo this section of the film. This is basically damages to the glue layer where they try to move it after it's already dried. If you look closer, the damages should be underneath and not on the surface.

If it was damage to the paint wouldn't the Xpel layer feel relatively smooth to the touch? It is very rough where the markings are. Anyway, I am very confident that my installer will fix any issues there are, and he is fully warrantied.

If it was damage to the paint wouldn't the Xpel layer feel relatively smooth to the touch? It is very rough where the markings are. Anyway, I am very confident that my installer will fix any issues there are, and he is fully warrantied.

It isn't the paint. I actually ceramic coated mine so it was smooth over it but it looks the same as yours and is the wrap not the paint.

Are you planning on getting any blackout done for the chrome pieces or are you gonna leave them? Our M3 (pickup is on Wed) is also black, but we are gonna stick to the clear PPF. I'm considering the chrome delete and smoking the headlights a bit. I really do like the Stealth. A buddy of mine has his TT-RS in XPEL Stealth. He too, had install issues, but the shop that did the work, has corrected them all through warranty coverage.

Attachments

• _DSC6961_20.jpg
    _DSC6961_20.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 138
Agreed, I do have the same. Waiting for Tesla replace the emblems.

Attachments

• 9C72553F-AC93-4FB4-B545-D4BC0946C568.jpeg
    9C72553F-AC93-4FB4-B545-D4BC0946C568.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 153
  • CD248BEF-9A1B-40F0-96D3-68122B935718.jpeg
    CD248BEF-9A1B-40F0-96D3-68122B935718.jpeg
    481.3 KB · Views: 151
  • FCBBDA12-C3F0-486D-8136-F7CC2069485B.jpeg
    FCBBDA12-C3F0-486D-8136-F7CC2069485B.jpeg
    405.1 KB · Views: 146