Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full PPF Wrap vs Clearbra

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A reason for having the doors fully wrapped is to also minimize scratches around the door handle caused by finger-nails and rings. I was provided with a black M3 loaner - and there were noticeable scratches and scuffs around the door handles.

I am still trying to master the most effective technique to open the M3/MY push-pull door handles, so I find my fingernails often dragging across the painted surface of the door.
Hmm, that's a new perspective I hadn't thought of. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: weathergeekdan
For those that have had full PPF, how long was it in the shop? I intend to set up the appointment immediately after delivery. Also, would full PPF negate the need for mud flaps? I’m sure each shop is different, but would like to know how many more days I’ll be without the car.

For those that have had full PPF, how long was it in the shop? I intend to set up the appointment immediately after delivery. Also, would full PPF negate the need for mud flaps? I’m sure each shop is different, but would like to know how many more days I’ll be without the car.
Just checked with my shop and he said 5 days. For a full matte STEK wrap.

Reactions: DesertEagle
In Northern California I take mine skiing two or three times a week in the winter, and while the windscreen over five years and 130,000 miles, was completely pitted and Pok marked, the paint was perfect due to XPel.
That’s great information. We don’t get to ski 2 or 3 times a week, but we do get up there quite a bit. Really helps my decision to add it. Especially since we plan to have the car for quite some time as well.

Reactions: weathergeekdan
A reason for having the doors fully wrapped is to also minimize scratches around the door handle caused by finger-nails and rings. I was provided with a black M3 loaner - and there were noticeable scratches and scuffs around the door handles.

I am still trying to master the most effective technique to open the M3/MY push-pull door handles, so I find my fingernails often dragging across the painted surface of the door.
this is why I'm attempting a full wrap myself as well. on my other car, the scratches are very visible...add to how the door handles are on the MY, I would think it would be even worse. if not for this, I would only be doing the front. they do sell ppf that covers a small area around the handles but I thought that would no look so good.

I finally washed the car last weekend (dry and warm enough) and did an inspection for dings, scratches, etc., while drying. I did the full stealth wrap 3 weeks after delivery, and it's been 6 months since the wrap. No chips, dings, scratches - nada - on the paint. By comparison, I have 3 small chips on the windshield from flying debris on the highway. By now, I would have expected at least a couple of chips on the nose, and maybe a couple of parking lot dings. No scratches around the door handles, either. I'm sold on the full wrap (or, at least feel that I'm getting a return on the investment).

Reactions: nerdybirdy12