Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full PPF Wrap vs Clearbra

A reason for having the doors fully wrapped is to also minimize scratches around the door handle caused by finger-nails and rings. I was provided with a black M3 loaner - and there were noticeable scratches and scuffs around the door handles.

I am still trying to master the most effective technique to open the M3/MY push-pull door handles, so I find my fingernails often dragging across the painted surface of the door.
Hmm, that's a new perspective I hadn't thought of. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: weathergeekdan
For those that have had full PPF, how long was it in the shop? I intend to set up the appointment immediately after delivery. Also, would full PPF negate the need for mud flaps? I’m sure each shop is different, but would like to know how many more days I’ll be without the car.
Just checked with my shop and he said 5 days. For a full matte STEK wrap.

Reactions: DesertEagle

Nosken

Jan 15, 2015
Lincoln, CA
I’ll start calling around for pricing and availability once I receive a VIN. I know it’s a lot of money, but I think it’s worth it
In Northern California I take mine skiing two or three times a week in the winter, and while the windscreen over five years and 130,000 miles, was completely pitted and Pok marked, the paint was perfect due to XPel.

In Northern California I take mine skiing two or three times a week in the winter, and while the windscreen over five years and 130,000 miles, was completely pitted and Pok marked, the paint was perfect due to XPel.
That’s great information. We don’t get to ski 2 or 3 times a week, but we do get up there quite a bit. Really helps my decision to add it. Especially since we plan to have the car for quite some time as well.

Reactions: weathergeekdan

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC