Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full price for FSD with EAP installed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting more and more convinced about the fact that I need EAP. I mostly have longer trips in my M3 visiting family and travelling on vacation by car. FSD is off-limits in Europe for now, so I am curious to know if you pay full price for FSD, after having EAP installed? Am I looking at €4k, then paying €8k afterwards? Cheers!

Thank you @EVRider-FL → I presume the same goes for EAP/FSD outside US. It would just be a shame to spend all that money then later figuring out that you needed to pay the double after the fact for "half" the functionality already being available.

And thanks @arghx7 → I will also here presume that EAP will be updated accordingly? Or is it not utilising what goes on with FSD at all in terms of updating EAP, whenever FSD gets better?

I will speculate that we will see FSD Beta have an updated Navigate on Autopilot (released this weekend unless there are delays). Then after some minor version updates at some point the updated NoA will migrate to enhanced auto pilot users, maybe in a larger software update.

I'm really hoping for more assertive lane changes to get to exits, and more situational awareness (i.e. not cutting off approaching traffic) on an updated NoA.

Reactions: Dr. Y. Tokui
Automatic lane change is nice to have. I'm not sure I'd pay $100 a month for it though. The other stuff in its current state (Summon, Smart Summon, Navigate on Autopilot) you end up not using after trying it a few times. Navigate on Autopilot specifically (as mentioned above) struggles in heavy traffic.

Reactions: Dr. Y. Tokui
Mine is showing $5,000 to upgrade or $100 a month. Its exactly half as of today.
Ah ok. Thanks. I will presume that it is the same for Europe then. It would be strange otherwise. Or I would have noticed the interwebs reacting to that by now :p

For EAP owners still on HW2.x I wouldn't expect any significant future improvements at all- they're likely done with anything but glaring bug fixes.
I have the FSD visualisation option available, so I will guess my 2019 M3 has HW3.x..?

Yup you should be good.

In the US anyway (nearly) all EAP cars are HW2.x because EAP has largely been unavailable since HW3 came out, I understand EAP availability has varied somewhat more overseas.
Ah ok. Thanks. I also get a lot of mixed feelings regarding EAP, and I'm not sure if that is hardware-related (if you overlook personal preferences) or if I just look at comments regarding earlier versions of the software. Feature-wise it looks like the only reasonable upgrade is the auto change lane functionality. And that is a lot to hand out €4k for IMO. But knowing that HW3 might render EAP more "reliable" if it somehow picks up on what the AI learns for FSD down the road, then it might be more "sustainable" to do the investment… I wish that Tesla was more transparent about such things. Makes it hard to decide, at least for me.