Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Self Drive Software Update Preference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else get this email?

Advance.jpg

So we finally get FSD? :eek:

Attachments

• Advance.JPG
    Advance.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 79
I don't get it. Email mentions nothing about Early Access and the "Advanced" switch was supposed to do that for everyone.

Ah, so you haven’t heard. They aren’t doing the Early Access invites(confirmed by Ars Technica and Electrek last week). Instead, the idea is that when we use “Advanced”, we’ll be put ahead of everyone else who didn’t preorder FSD in line for each update.

I’d actually be somewhat ok with that(I don’t know what they were thinking, offering literally 10’s of thousands of customers to join their closed beta testing group), if there was any evidence we actually are put in front. Not really seeing it so far. I’d like to think we’ll be in front of the line for AP3 hardware upgrades, but I’m guessing that won’t happen either.

So, where does the “Priority Access to Software Updates” referral reward fit into all this? This email seems to be describing that benefit more than an “Invitation to Early Access Program.”

There’s a subset of customers who should be getting an invite to the Early Access Program and Priority Software Access.

The fact they specifically used the term “you’re invited” in today’s email feels like they’re intentionally playing word games. Are they trying to make people to think this was the promised “Early Access Program invite?”

I’d feel a lot better if they were simply honest: “We are unable to accommodate everyone with FSD into the Early Access Program. Instead, we’ve upgraded you to a new Priority Software Access group.” Now that they’ve taken away the uniqueness of the Priority Software referral, just invite the people in both groups (FSD and Priority Software Access) to the Early Access Program. What would that be? A couple hundred people? How many could possibly have had early FSD and 4+ referrals?

In the meantime, I’d love for them to clarify the difference between: advanced, advanced with priority software access referral, and advanced with early FSD.

I’ve been posting about this elsewhere and I agree this is just confusing. Advanced was supposed to give you ‘your’ software ‘more quickly’. If this really means now you are in EA that’s bad. I may or may not have a car (one of two) physically in EA. I may or may not want the other one in EA but I do want it to get normal updates ASAP.

We really need two switches. The Advanced we were promised by Elon to get ‘our’ updates ASAP and another to put a car into EA if we are to be allowed to do with a software switch.

As for the priority software from the referral, wonder how that compares to the original Advsnced which was supposed to be just that, getting ‘your’ software earlier.

Reactions: MarkS22
This makes more sense than adding a huge number of people to the Early Access program and requiring them to adhere to the Early Access confidentiality terms (which wasn't going to happen).

However, it's not clear what we're really getting by setting the software updates to Advanced.

We purchased FSD for our S & X - and have both set to Advanced. Both vehicles have been on 16.2.

Our X had its first annual service last week and was updated to 16.3.2 by the Service Center.

Our S is still on 16.2.

So haven't yet seen any benefit from the Advanced setting.