Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full self-driving & Auto park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I've got my Tesla Model Y 2020 about 3 months. Please let me know:
- If this model has "full self driving" yet? (I bought this feature)
- I even watch thoroughly the clip, but I cannot get auto park as it instructs.
Thank you for all responses.
PL

...If this model has "full self driving" yet? (I bought this feature)...

From your car's screen, you can click on the car icon then go to the last menu item "Software". It should list whether your Full Self Driving is there or not.

...I cannot get auto park as it instructs...

For parallel parking, you've got to have a gap surrounded by the car in front and the car in rear.

For vertical parking, you need an empty parking space switched by a car on the left and the car on the right.

From your car's screen, you can click on the car icon then go to the last menu item "Software". It should list whether your Full Self Driving is there or not.

For parallel parking, you've got to have a gap surrounded by the car in front and the car in rear.

For vertical parking, you need an empty parking space switched by a car on the left and the car on the right.

I have full self park/navigate but still struggle to have the P logo appear in the screen. I’ve only managed this once... Of course it was at Tesla dealership during a test drive!!!! Any tips appreciated

Autopark detects parallel parking locations when driving below 15 mph (24 km/h) and perpendicular parking locations when driving below 10 mph (16 km/h).

Autopark detects potential perpendicular parking spaces that are at least 9.5 feet (2.9 meters) wide with a vehicle parked on each side.

Autopark detects parallel parking spaces that are at least 20 feet (6 meters), but less than 30 feet (9 meters) long. Autopark does not operate on angled parking spaces.

The parking icon appears only if the vehicle's position and/or the circumstances of the surrounding area are such that Autopark can determine an appropriate driving path

Autopark does not use the cameras but instead uses the ultrasonic sensors and GPS.