Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Self Driving Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning guys,

I recently subscribed to Full Self Driving on my MYLR. Upon my subscription my screen reboot, and received a few extra option like lane change, stop on red light and stop sign. When I go to autopilot to enable Full Self Driving Beta, it show me this message error " Full self driving beta will be available in an upcoming software release". When I go to check for update , there is no update available and I'm currently on version v11.1(2023.12.9). It's been 2 days since my subscription, how ling do I have to wait or is there anything I should do?

A friend of mine got a three month trial of FSD with her new Model X plaid, but she only seems to have enhanced auto pilot and the switch for full self drive better is greyed out. Can anyone provide any insight on this? Thanks very much.

Oh, OK thank you very much. So if I add this option, I really have no way of knowing when it will come onboard? Probably better to wait for the update then order?
Actually incorrect info since FSD Beta 11.4.x works with HW4. You just can't get it anymore on new cars at this time. Hopefully we will get a stable version soon (but DON'T hold your breath) and it can be added to the main branch after a few weeks of testing so all HW4 owners can get it.

• Informative
Reactions: Ccsdk and TLLMRRJ
I’m runing 2023.26.9 on my new Y I just picked up on Thursday and I have full self drive, really enjoying this! I hope I don’t get in trouble for not posting the official version code, whatever that is! 😉

The assertive mode is a lot of fun. I must say the lane changes can be pretty aggressive at times!

IMG_7905.jpeg

Reactions: pilotSteve
Hi folks, I am a noobie and am looking at buying a 2020 S that has FSD "Beta" displayed on the screen. Reading the comments, it looks like there will be a newer version but I have heard that Tesla might not include FSD on a resale. Should I be worried the car wouldn't get an update?
Thanks all for a very comprehensive website and good info.

Hi folks, I am a noobie and am looking at buying a 2020 S that has FSD "Beta" displayed on the screen. Reading the comments, it looks like there will be a newer version but I have heard that Tesla might not include FSD on a resale. Should I be worried the car wouldn't get an update?
You need to check and see if FSD is a monthly subscription or was purchased with the car. If a subscription then it will disappear when the current owner stops paying. It would then cost you $200 a month or $100 a month if the owner bought EAP.

You can see this in the Menu>Software. It will say Full Self Driving Capability Included Package if bought. If it says Auto Renewal then it is subscription.

1. Make sure that FSD is listed in the sales contract as being part of the car. Not as a subscription, but purchased for that car.
2. Once your car has FSD, it will continue to receive updates from Tesla. That will eventually include this new FSD incarnation that everyone is so anxious to try - assuming that they widely release it as the next supported version. Right now, it's in very limited testing with customers.