Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Full Self-Driving Capability"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed, that Tesla sells cars with "Full Self-Driving Capability" without any disclaimer or asterix...

May be I didn't understand your question.

In marketing, the word "capability" itself is a disclaimer and an asterisk.

It means it does not work as advertised so how do I get it to work?

For most companies, it just means you pay more and it will work.

For Tesla, it means its capability will be some time in an unknown future pending 1) Tesla's validation, 2) Regulations AND of course, you have to pay for the option.

For Tesla, it means its capability will be some time in an unknown future pending 1) Tesla's validation, 2) Regulations AND of course, you have to pay for the option.

My point was, that there is no disclaimer that "Full Self-Driving Capability" does not work at the moment. Maybe it is because english is not my first language, but if I would buy a car and manufacturer says that this car has "Full Self-Driving Capability" I would think that this car can fully drive by itself right away, not in some non defined future.

In marketing and advertisement, "capability" means it can but you have to pay for it.

Internet hotspot capability, XM satellite radio capability....mean they are not free. You have to pay for them to get them working.
I am absolutely baffled by the inability of people (oddly all of whom are very defensive of Tesla/TSLA) to distinguish between potential and actual. This is Metaphysics 101 stuff. The cars come with the hardware (lol!) which has the potential to be FSD. To activate the potential, you need to pay for the software. Whether or not you pay for the software, the hardware is in every Tesla car. The cars "have" it. They don't "can haz" it.

allfsd.jpeg

It's simply a list of what you're paying for when you purchase this particular vehicle. It also doesn't break out what Ludicrous Speed Upgrade or Premium Upgrades Package mean. If you're dropping $130,000+ on a car, I'd certainly hope you did some research first.

All that matters is what the legal system says it means.

So, the link provided is a simple single page marketing flier for an inventory car. It doesn't include detailed descriptions of any of the capabilities of the car, it doesn't even specify if a spare tire is included...

It isn't a gotcha on Tesla that they haven't detailed everything on this one page summary.

note, I'm not taking a stance on whether Tesla selling FSD as a future feature is fair, correct, etc. But come on folks, expecting the one pager to mean something is really silly.

So, the link provided is a simple single page marketing flier for an inventory car. It doesn't include detailed descriptions of any of the capabilities of the car, it doesn't even specify if a spare tire is included...

It isn't a gotcha on Tesla that they haven't detailed everything on this one page summary.

note, I'm not taking a stance on whether Tesla selling FSD as a future feature is fair, correct, etc. But come on folks, expecting the one pager to mean something is really silly.
what does fully self driving mean? will the car be able to communicate with all other cars on the road? How long are owners supposed to wait until it is obvious that the car will not be fully self driving?
There is no reason to sell it like this.

When is the NY to LA autonomous trip without the driver lifting a finger going to happen?