Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full self driving year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I searched first and surprisingly didn’t find an answer to the following question - I am looking to get a new model s but would like to have full self driving capabilities. Is there a year in which it was standard or is that not a thing?

Hey guys,

I searched first and surprisingly didn’t find an answer to the following question - I am looking to get a new model s but would like to have full self driving capabilities. Is there a year in which it was standard or is that not a thing?

Since you're getting a NEW Model S, it's an option you select if you want to pre-purchased the software. The hardware is included in all NEW Model S you just need to pre-purchase the software at time of ordering, or pay more for it later on.

Reactions: selfbp
Hey sorry I shouldn’t have said new. I meant newer model s. One I am looking at have autopilot v1. That can’t be upgraded right? Needs to be 2 or higher?

If you have AP1, that's all you will ever have. AP1 is a different technology stack and is end of life, meaning it can't be upgraded to AP 2, or 2.5 or even FSD. AP1 is still good, but it won't give you Full Self Driving.