Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Service Manual - Free

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's useful, possibly very useful if you do a fair amount of work on the car. I had a dodgy downloaded version which was handy for disassembling the centre console properly (I'm very fastidious about knowing what I'm going to be doing before starting, etc)

The version I had was pretty old though, and in a funky format so not the easiest to use. The official thing is much nicer :)

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 09.45.07.png

Great, thanks! Too bad only certain items can be downloaded as PDFs and most of the service content must be searched live in the service portal.
There's another thread about downloading the content of the manual:

But as @SageBrush mention in that thread, with all the changes Tesla make to their cars, an online version is probably the most useful.

Bit of a thread resurrection here….

by any chance did anyone download the manual for a Model S (2018) when these were free? And would be prepared to share with me? Looking today it’s gone back to paid subscription only.

I‘ve recently got a Model S and the centre console lid doesn’t close properly so need to see how best to take it apart to see what’s wrong. YouTube doesn’t really help, the videos seem to address the lid not opening or how to change the decor panel.

What the specific issue is is that the lid should close by pushing it forward slightly when open, gently coming back to the closed position. Mine only works by pushing the lid forward to open, then pulling it back to close it. So I need to get to the auto closing/damping mechanism to see what has happened.

Are you sure it's no longer free? This from the subscription page at service.tesla.com:

Service and Repair Information​

Tesla welcomes and encourages the independent repair community to work on Tesla vehicles. Create a Tesla Account to access the following resources for free. Additional Diagnostic Software can be added to your account by purchasing a subscription. For more information on available resources, see the Getting Started Guide HERE

• • Service Manual, Parts Manual, and Body Repair

• • Tooling Catalog and Wiring Diagrams

• • Service Bulletins

• • Labor Codes and Times

• • Service Mode Diagnostic Software (on the touchscreen)
My free account is still working.

Reactions: Fat Wolfie
Hmm interesting.. have been speaking to someone about enabling matrix lights on my car if/when I ever purchased them (probably won't happen now) and he was asking for $500 to do it, saying that this was the cost to use the software to enable it....

Thanks @init6 . I persevered and using laptop (not iPad) I was able to find the service information, albeit I've not worked out how to download it (no biggie, it works well being able to click on the screen and getting the appropriate part of the guide on screen).

Next step is going to be brave enough to tackle the job. looks straightforward enough though, albeit massive scope for breaking some trim clips...