Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Superchargers? How Often?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been to Barstow twice. The first time was in early December and the 2nd time the weekend before Good Friday. In December there was only one other Models S there. The second time there was one stall open when I arrived, and cars waiting when I left. I've never seen another lot full. That includes Buckeye, Quartzsite, Hawthorne, Harris Ranch, Folsom, Corning, Mount Shasta, Grants Pass, Springfield, Woodburn, Centralia, Ellensburg and Ritzville. The most I usually see is only one other Model S.

Last Thursday:

Angola IN @ 10:30 am - no one there except me
Mishawaka IN @ noon - no one there except me
Aurora IL @ 4:00 pm, one other MS when I arrived, was gone when I left

Today:

Angola IN @ noon - one MS there when I arrived; another came in after I arrived; first car was gone when I left

In other words, no problems for me on my recent trip to the Chicago area

Memorial Day weekend we arrived at Barstow mid afternoon Sunday and stayed there until early Tuesday morning.
We stayed at the hotel right there and periodically checked the chargers. One time it was full. Never did we see anyone waiting. Fairly often it there were 1-2 cars and 3 cars a couple of times.

Gilroy was chock full this afternoon at around 3 pm as I made my way back from Laguna Seca. Atleast 4 folks waiting including myself. Some folks shopping there and some coming back from Monterey like me, I guess. Two stalls were not operational.

I gave up after a few minutes and made it home with about 12 miles to spare.

Barstow,

I've had to wait twice, once there was 1 car in front, another, there were 4 cars ahead of me. So I cranked out my laptop and just watched some Hawaii Five-0 (bluetoothed through the car speakers lol).

I'm travelling to Vegas in a couple of weeks and then back again 2 weeks after, so am hoping that this will be extended by then.

Not holding my breath tho

Gilroy was chock full this afternoon at around 3 pm as I made my way back from Laguna Seca. Atleast 4 folks waiting including myself. Some folks shopping there and some coming back from Monterey like me, I guess. Two stalls were not operational.

I gave up after a few minutes and made it home with about 12 miles to spare.

Interesting--I was @ Gilroy yesterday @ about 12:30-1:00 pm (en route from Monterey to the East Bay). I was the only S there until I left when 2 pulled in. Must have beaten the crowd...

Interesting--I was @ Gilroy yesterday @ about 12:30-1:00 pm (en route from Monterey to the East Bay). I was the only S there until I left when 2 pulled in. Must have beaten the crowd...

Yes, I think you hit the sweet spot. On my way out to Monterey, supercharged from 10:15-11:00 am and all the stalls were full with one person waiting for a while.

Mostly I find a spot right away, but I had many situations where it was full. Fremont was full with 3 waiting yesterday, Hawthorne was full last week (one stall broken again) and had to wait 10 min, then got only 50 kW. The problem gets worse the more cars arrive as two stalls always share power.