TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Full up at Newburgh charging and moved an ICER

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by CraZ8, Aug 6, 2015.

1. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

#1 CraZ8, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    It was a beautiful night coming through Newburgh so me wifey and our 13 lb Pekingnese stopped at Cosimos for some great Italian food. A second model S showed up within minutes, but then a Lexus parked in a supercharger spot. The people could not of been that clueless with the lit chargers and signs "Tesla charging only". Shortly there after all spaces were filled with a gaggle of Teslas (Tesli?) and a white model S was left waiting. I directed the owner to the fellow sitting inside and he was asked politely to move his car. There was other spots not to much further away. I noticed the cars were from New York, New Jersey, California and Maryland. This charger is becoming very popular!

Attached Files:

2. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

In a way I'm jealous. The supercharger near my place (just off I-80 west of SLC) is almost always empty. During the few months I've had the car I've only seen three other Teslas there.

But then again, I never have to wait...

3. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Member

With the ones in West Wendover and SLC, I don’t even know why they built that one in Tooele.

4. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

I don't know Tesla's reasoning but I can say that having the supercharger installed so close to my house was the deciding factor in my buying an S.

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Oh no, you're one of those people?
    The best place for superchargers should be 100 or so miles from your house in every direction, not close to your house.

6. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

In in the same boat. There's a supercharger on the way to work and that was a big part of my purchase decision. Not everyone can install a charger at their house!

7. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Maybe so we don't have to fight our way downtown but just stay on UT201? You can see the SC at Tooele from I-80 :love: (as you whizz by in your ICE).
    --

8. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Apartment or condo I would understand. If you own your house, it's pretty rare to find a situation where you can't install a 240V outlet.

9. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

He could be one of those people who just says "wow, this Tesla company really *is* serious" and hardly chargers there.
    But seeing a supercharger in his neighborhood was enough convincing.

10. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

heh, that's me in black. Note that the charger up front, where the silver one is, did not work for me. I've been using that charger for a few weeks as i come through here usually every thursday night, but on this specific day that charging spot was giving me an 'unable to charge, check charger power source' error on the screen. I plugged and unplugged several times with the same error. The charge port ring was just white I think (not yellow or red). I gave up and moved to the back spot there by the transformers.

11. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

We charged there last month on our way back from Jackson Wy. Good SC coverage across Western I80.

12. sgopal2

sgopal2 Member

Did the Lexus owner move his car? If so what was his reaction?

13. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

He knew screwed up when I pointed him out to the guy waiting, seemed a little chagrined. It reminds of to a lesser extent of the people who park in handicapped spaces because they are to lazy to walk an extra 100 feet.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

15. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

I don't think the management at cosimos would be appreciative of you pissing off the ICErs lol but I also keep a stack of these haha

It's worth noting that these stations also say "30 minute general parking" so they are meant to be shared...

16. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

Only the two at the far right say that. The other four say tesla charging only.
    Love the ICER cards. I will have to download those.