Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Xpel Wrap on Metallic Blue (Calgary, Refine Auto)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gpetti

Supporting Member
Nov 6, 2013
Calgary, Canada
Hi,
I promised a couple of people that I would share photos of the wrapped car. I don't have a final beautiful photo with a nice back drop but I'm including a couple of pictures where the car is partially wrapped in the shop so people can see the difference (or lack of difference) as well as a few pictures of the car when I picked it up (before I took it through the slushy streets of Calgary's melting snow). I will also provide a picture of the dirty car, and post touch less wash to provide comparison. It's difficult with comparative pictures of this car to get the right light conditions as it looks so different in different lights. Next week the wrap shop is giving me a free check-up and re-wash so I'll probably "wrap up" this thread with a nicely posed picture taken somewhere picture worthy.
The bottom line is that the car looks great and I love the peace of mind that it gives me. Having spent more than double the most I've ever spent on a car before, I feel this was a good investment. I guess time will tell. I've already (unfortunately) benefitted from this slightly. I opened my trunk in a low ceiling parkade while showing my mother the car, and before I realized, the carbon fiber spoiler had impacted the ceiling :cursing: Maybe the CF would have survived anyway but they had wrapped the surface and I just wiped the dust off and it looks fine.

For any local owners, this company was top notch. The car took a bit longer than planned but I delivered it to them about 4 days later than originally scheduled (I changed the date twice on them) and one of their principal wrappers had a family holiday booked. Another of their wrappers was alternating time with a local Ferrari dealer and the third guy came down with a 104 degree fever about 2 days in. Their office manager was clearly pretty sick too so I have no reason to believe I was getting the run-around and they let me visit it daily (and gave me updates) throughout. The owner came back on the day that I was originally going to take delivery and inspected it thoroughly - resulting in re-doing a couple of pieces. As you will see in some of the final pictures they put the red decals on for me (and on the summer tires), installed my new floor mats and had washed and detailed it for pickup. I'm not sure if the detailing would have been included or was to make up for the delay but they also gave me some discounting. All around I'm pretty impressed so far though of course if I have any problems, how they respond to problems will factor into my opinion. So far they have offered to fix any problems I have whatsoever.
Pictures to follow...

- - - Updated - - -

These pics show views of the car in partially wrapped state. In some cases you can see the edges that have not yet been wrapped around. I have previously wondered if the wrap causes photographs to look different and in some of these pics I felt that the wrap looked odd; however, when you compare the wrapped and non-wrapped pieces, they look identical (to me). You be the judge.

The front quarter panel is wrapped, the door is not.

Photo 3-3-2014, 16 23 22.jpg

Here again the front quarter panel is wrapped but the door is not.
Photo 3-3-2014, 16 25 25.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The fully wrapped hood.
Photo 3-3-2014, 16 23 33.jpg

Closer view of the front quarter panel with the edges still unwrapped.
Photo 3-3-2014, 16 24 38.jpg

Door and quarter panel now done bumper not done. Nearly finished
Photo 3-6-2014, 13 34 58.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Pictures of the finished product taken outside the shop. Ugly backdrop but car looking shiny.
Photo 2014-03-11, 12 43 46 (1).jpg

These are my winter tires on the Rial Luganos with a red centre cap T logo

Photo 2014-03-11, 12 42 42 (1).jpg

Photo 2014-03-11, 12 38 48.jpg

Very subtle but the red Tesla letters are on as well as the red S. Richard the owner is warning me that he's worried the letters may come off without further protection.
Photo 2014-03-11, 12 39 57 (1).jpg

Photo 2014-03-11, 12 41 03.jpg

Dude, very nice!
Question: Is there a seam on the tail, at the 90 degree angle? I heard from one installer here in NorCal that that is very difficult to do and he says he has found a way to do it without "seaming" multiple pieces.

Looks great! The gunmetal Rial Luganos have really grown on me. I'm picking up my S85 tomorrow, although I just got the partial Xpel and full Opticoat. Did you get the wheels treated at all? They guy I'm using does tons of work for Tesla and said that he puts Opticoat on the wheels of all the high end cars he works on. It's only $150-$200 to get them done.

I had partial Xpel and full Opticoat done in the Vancouver area. Looks good in this photo. I pick it up tomorrow. Gpetti, I think we chose well with the
Looks awesome. Mine is looking pretty drab right now after driving on our slushy roads but I'm still loving it. Bet you can't wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely do the wheels, it makes them so much easier to clean.
I had both my regular 21" wheels and my winter wheels protected. I can't remember if they used opticoat or not but if not something similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, very nice!
Question: Is there a seam on the tail, at the 90 degree angle? I heard from one installer here in NorCal that that is very difficult to do and he says he has found a way to do it without "seaming" multiple pieces.
I'm not entirely sure where you mean. At the rear where the trunk turns from horizontal to vertical I have the carbon fiber spoiler. Is that where you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

These two two pics are after I took the car back in for a checkup and a free clean and detail. I wanted to take the car somewhere with a picturesque backdrop but the roads were so slushy the effect was ruined before I could go anywhere. Oh well, someday I'll take a picture that really does it justice. I'm still happy with the dark wheels but I have to admit the chrome ones really look great too. I'm also wondering if red brake calipers would have made things less dark. Guess I could have red ones if I ever get them replaced.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That place is right next door to kulumotorcar ? I had my nissan gtr done at Thompson graphics last year. I did not like the edges not being rolled over. Everytime I waxed my car, I could see the edges of the 3 m. Drove me crazy!

- - - Updated - - -

That place is right next door to kulumotorcar ? I had my nissan gtr done at Thompson graphics last year. I did not like the edges not being rolled over. Everytime I waxed my car, I could see the edges of the 3 m. Drove me crazy!

One more simple question, how do you post the specs of your tesla at the bottom of each posts! I would like to show my specs?.. Thank

- - - Updated - - -

One more simple question, how do you post the specs of your tesla at the bottom of each posts! I would like to show my specs?.. Thank
Yes Refine, Kulu and Tunerworks (who I had mount my winter wheels) are all next door. I have Refine detail the car for me about once a month too. Strangely the paperwork I got from Tesla had the address of Kulu on it as apparently at some point they may have used Kulu to aid in deliveries somehow.
you can add a "signature" from a few pages such as My Settings. It is on the left hand side.

I had partial Xpel and full Opticoat done in the Vancouver area.

Hey, where did you get the Xpel and Opti done in Vancouver? I'm heading home from my Alberta road trip soon and my car has taken a beating. I need some touch up paint, a good detailer and then I need to get it wrapped! I got my windows tinted at NorthWest Auto Salon down by Seattle and they are fantastic but quoted me $7k for a full Xpel wrap.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, where did you get the Xpel and Opti done in Vancouver? I'm heading home from my Alberta road trip soon and my car has taken a beating. I need some touch up paint, a good detailer and then I need to get it wrapped! I got my windows tinted at NorthWest Auto Salon down by Seattle and they are fantastic but quoted me $7k for a full Xpel wrap.

Calgary / Alberta roads are brutal. I already had to get a rock chip repaired and have more new dings and scratches in the last few days than I've gotten in the last 8 months driving around Vancouver. But it's been a fantastic road trip.