Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor FullShade - The First Retractable Roof Sunshade for Tesla Mode 3 and Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello friends!

Like you, I'm a Tesla owner myself. Me and my team designed a retractable roof sunshade with the most efficient light and heat blockout for Tesla Model Y/3, hoping to help every Tesla owner to enjoy the driving experience a little better. I'm sharing this product and our story behind on KickStarter. Hope to hear your thoughts and get your support!

Click to see details!

banner_画板 1 副本.jpg

Last edited:
This actually already exists and has been available at Taptes. Up until the kickstarter was announced, this item was $499. once the copycat kickstarter was announced, the price of the already available one went up to $598. Ouch.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jpandes
wow, $750.

is there not some aliexpress version of this for a reasonable cost?
Nothing comes up - surprised that they haven’t yet. Not sure how patent laws work with sellers being overseas, and I absolutely refuse to back anything on kickstarter, I was unfortunately one of those people who backed the ono 3d printer which ended up being one of the largest KS scams ever. It was the first, and last, crowd funded campaign I ever participated in.

However - I’m really interested in these for my model 3, my toddler LOVES going for nap inducing rides and having to put the pop up shades in and out for her is a PITA. Love having the option to have them available (we also have a Yukon XL Denali with the pano roof that has the power shade, so she expects the same in daddy’s car lol)

OP - would you consider a group order from anyone interested in this community at the super early bird price rate, if so, how many units would you need confirmed? Maybe you would get a few more sales from here using that method as opposed to KS.

I would absolutely order once it’s an actual production product.

Nothing comes up - surprised that they haven’t yet. Not sure how patent laws work with sellers being overseas, and I absolutely refuse to back anything on kickstarter, I was unfortunately one of those people who backed the ono 3d printer which ended up being one of the largest KS scams ever. It was the first, and last, crowd funded campaign I ever participated in.

However - I’m really interested in these for my model 3, my toddler LOVES going for nap inducing rides and having to put the pop up shades in and out for her is a PITA. Love having the option to have them available (we also have a Yukon XL Denali with the pano roof that has the power shade, so she expects the same in daddy’s car lol)

OP - would you consider a group order from anyone interested in this community at the super early bird price rate, if so, how many units would you need confirmed? Maybe you would get a few more sales from here using that method as opposed to KS.

He claims to be applying for a patent for a product that already exists. I don't think he'll be taking any orders - group or individual.

Reactions: PauliePucks
He claims to be applying for a patent for a product that already exists. I don't think he'll be taking any orders - group or individual.
Don’t disagree with you - It is strange that no other sellers have this product, or are no longer stocking their variant. Seems taptes has been out of stock since this thread got some life.

Maybe if there is a patent pending, the seller should be able to provide some proof of filing, but as I said in my last post, I’m not quite sure how patent filings work with overseas manufacturers, I would imagine it involves a middleman, legal, filing, etc.

I would also think it would help the vendor garner legitimacy amongst its potential consumers.

Sorry if it seemed like I was going all in - was just seeing if the vendor would keep their sales channels open to different platforms other than crowd sourcing.

Reactions: Brou

I'd be interested in joining a group purchase