Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fully Charged Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Robert frequently mentions the Supercharger advantage, but I much prefer others for discussion of charging, including EVM's rants. (I'm an expat, so the UK focus is fine for me).

I'm not a car person, and I enjoy EVM and his friend for general car review, and Bjorn Nyland for the EV details. FullyCharged is better for wider topics.

Robert Llewellyn is terrible at car reviews.

Jonny Smith was good, but I would get bored by the lengthy look at the outside. Plus Jonny Smith was a massive VW apologist and his jocular "a little bit naughty" minimizing left a sour taste.

Reactions: adsheff
As an investor as well as an owner, Tesla Daily is a must watch for me every day.

Munro Live I like for the technical/engineering detail, and Bjorn Nyland for good comparisons, road trips and lovely Norwegian scenery!

Used to watch Fully charged, but not so much now... it seems that its coverage is too broad and lots of it is not as relevant to me, or tells me stuff I already know.

I certainly think it's fair to say Fully Charged underwent a change a few years back (reading between the lines, it's what precipitated Johnny Smith's departure), shifting from a car show (or even more specifically, a car review show) to something much broader. Now that I'm fully EV'd up, I'm happy to have a vague idea what other EVs are emerging (and, from other channels and indeed this wonderful forum, to pick up little tips and tricks about the Tesla), but I'm increasingly keen now to follow Fully Charged and its forays into wider energy issues (home battery and solar tech, the wider move towards renewables, etc. etc.).

So who do people watch instead? For me it's

Carwow - Amusing but vacuous drag races, pretty well informed reviews, love the drive until they died
RSymonds - Watchable, but seems to be running low on content ideas recently.
TeslaBjorn - If you want stats and more stats, also Norway is awesome
EVM - Reasonably amusing and heartfelt, if you like Yorkshiremen.
MrEV - His wife makes it hilarious.
Daerik - Decent topic ideas
Tesla Gurus - Very occasional, but some good topics
Jack Massey-Welsh - Over quickly but can be amusing

One's I don't watch much anymore
SpawnPoint/Marc Brown/Tesla Torque - They are all the same! Useful before you buy but no value anymore
LateBrakeShow - I used to like Jonny Smith, but then watched the Smith & Sniff stuff and decided he was a plonker
James and Kate - A pair of amusing twits at first, but James is super irritating to me now :)
Electrified - Better than Fully Charged, but very much in the same 'Family TV' like category
Tesla Driver - I used to hate him, feel bad he's gone now, wish him well.
That's pretty much my Choice too. Except I actually liked Tesla Driver when he was around. I think I understand what he was trying to do. Can't see him doing any more Tesla video though!

Tesla Bjorn: For some reason I can't get enough. Over the course of last week I've seen all 9 of his ID4 trip to North Cape videos. Essentially 4 and a half hours of some bloke driving somewhere and back. Yet I was gripped! Same could be said for Out of Spec motoring.

One nugget from a recent FC show was that they're in early talks to bring back Scrapheap Challenge. 👍
Electric Scrapheap Challenge would be awesome. Could be a little dangerous though! Mind you, I watched an old episode where they made little aeroplanes and it did not look safe at all - wonder if they'd get away with that now..