TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Fun Ideas for Model S commercials

Discussion in 'Model S' started by aronth5, Dec 18, 2010.

1. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

When I try and sell people on EV's it is a difficult concept for them to understand until you start listing off parts/components that are no longer needed. Especially when they have had the unfortunate experience of paying for repairs. Things llike alternators, transmissions, belts, radiators, mufflers, oil filters. And on and on...... Oh and that big thing called an polluting engine! So what I would like to see for a commercial is to have a small dump truck back up next to a beautiful Model S and dump out all the parts in a heap! What better visual on a Super Bowl commercial in 2/2012 to let everyone know the car industry will never be the same. How about some other commercial ideas!

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

That was basically the theme of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGNU1rG68wk

You may want to keep watching for the rest of the PIA PSAs ("Plug-in America Public Service Announcements") for some other ideas that could make for good commercials. PIA is dolling out the PSAs slowly, but there are a bunch more "in the can" ready to be seen soon.

3. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

I've also thought about a Super Bowl commercial. We all know there are many ICE-related components that will not be found in EVs. Problem is many auto manufacturers pay big $ for advertising and not just on the Super Bowl. Networks may be reluctant to run an ad that is demeaning to the ICE.

There is so much talent on this site - perhaps we should produce our own ad for Model S and get TM's blessing.

4. Adm

Adm Active Member

I am pretty sure I saw a thread with music for a commercial, but I couldn't find it.

Heard this song and I found it on youtube as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gn-yCObxZ0

Not really the greatest song ever, but it has a catchy sound and the word electric in the lyrics...

It's a relatively new group and they really need to work on their video as well.

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

That's over here.