Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fun with graphs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LukeT

Apr 9, 2019
UK
Pretty hilly round here, so when we don't venture far from home for a few trips the consumption graph goes a bit alpine.

20191109_161543.jpg

Chilly too so limited regen all the way, probably contributing a bit to the monstrous average.

Fabulous graphs guys! I get that hill issue too in our area. I wonder if anyone has managed to beat the 3% battery charge gained whilst driving downhill that was mentioned by someone doing the NC500 - down the Applecross road Bealach na Bà - Wikipedia

It obviously beats the pants off coasting without regen ... that alternative just gives you hot brakes!

Fabulous graphs guys! I get that hill issue too in our area. I wonder if anyone has managed to beat the 3% battery charge gained whilst driving downhill that was mentioned by someone doing the NC500 - down the Applecross road Bealach na Bà - Wikipedia

It obviously beats the pants off coasting without regen ... that alternative just gives you hot brakes!

Hmmmm. Yes, I wonder how far into the negative we can get the Wh/mile graph. My lowest spike there sees me regenerating a little over 150 Wh/mile very briefly. A trip to a proper mountain (this is just a little Devon hill) should send that through the floor but "how low can you go"?

Applecross? That takes me back. As beautiful a place as anywhere I've been.

I quite often get around 1% charge back when descending the Cairn o’Mount road near our house - mind you it costs me more than that to get up it!!

Been using this for decades (my copy is 1st edition :) ) in order to provide clients with the-result-they-were-expecting :)

If it has all gone to hell-in-a-hamper then put the Time up the Y-axis. And if the important element is not actually at #1 then do a pie chart, move the relevant segment to the front, and adopt loads of crust to make it look bigger :) ... and so on ...