Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fund Loan, then Wait?...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's probably just me, but since I live in Arkansas, and this state bans Tesla direct sales...

I have to fund my loan for the Model 3, THEN Tesla ships it to me or Dallas SC. (Texas also bands direct sales).

So I pay interest on the loan for 2 - 3 weeks with no vehicle to enjoy. This really frustrates me. I love Tesla, but this departure from the car buying franchise model in which you sign and drive off is really nuts.

When I bought the Model S, I lived in Colorado...much more enjoyable and logical process then.

Have a talk with your state reps. Or move.

Though, to be fair, "So I pay interest on the loan for 2 - 3 weeks with no vehicle to enjoy" is more a lease concern than a loan. You're just getting a head-start on paying off the loan, it'll cost you exactly the same in the end (unless you're not planning on keeping the car long enough to fully pay it off).

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I moved from Arkansas to Louisiana and they banned direct sales here last year. The shocking thing to me was the increase in tax from AR to LA. In Crossett, it was something awesome like 3.5%, and here in West Monroe it is 11%. I will be picking mine up in Dallas as well, you have a delivery date yet?

It's probably just me, but since I live in Arkansas, and this state bans Tesla direct sales...

I have to fund my loan for the Model 3, THEN Tesla ships it to me or Dallas SC. (Texas also bands direct sales).

So I pay interest on the loan for 2 - 3 weeks with no vehicle to enjoy. This really frustrates me. I love Tesla, but this departure from the car buying franchise model in which you sign and drive off is really nuts

You should have taken delivery in California and made a road trip out of it.

I moved from Arkansas to Louisiana and they banned direct sales here last year. The shocking thing to me was the increase in tax from AR to LA. In Crossett, it was something awesome like 3.5%, and here in West Monroe it is 11%. I will be picking mine up in Dallas as well, you have a delivery date yet?

We are awaiting a delivery date...so far DS was vague, something like "mid-May".
I'm assuming this is if I ship to Dallas.
Home delivery would take even longer.
Based on the VIN, xx17560, the car is already produced and sitting on a lot in Fremont.
I need the Model S to be have an annual service, so I figure I can do that and also pick up the Model 3 on the same trip.

DS is looking into shipping to St Louis or Nashville, which would remove the "fund before they ship" requirement, but I'm not sure the extra miles to pick it up are worth that.

We are awaiting a delivery date...so far DS was vague, something like "mid-May".
I'm assuming this is if I ship to Dallas.
Home delivery would take even longer.
Based on the VIN, xx17560, the car is already produced and sitting on a lot in Fremont.
I need the Model S to be have an annual service, so I figure I can do that and also pick up the Model 3 on the same trip.

DS is looking into shipping to St Louis or Nashville, which would remove the "fund before they ship" requirement, but I'm not sure the extra miles to pick it up are worth that.
At least you've heard from your ISA. I haven't heard anything but I would imagine if they send them in batches then maybe mine should be somewhere around yours but I'm fine with it taking longer than needed.

Who knows, we may end up both being in Dallas at the same time.