Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funky roof & hatch contraption

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
I meant to post this when I saw it on the streets of San Francisco a couple of weeks ago but somewhat forgot about it until today.

This seemingly customer car (no MFG or DLR plates) had no rear hatch glass, some metal contraption in the trunk, and four posts of some kind where a roof rack would go.

Any ideas on what this could be? Sorry for the poor photo, it was right around sunset and the car was getting away from me at a stop light.

IMG_7885.jpg

Probably pulled into their garage with bikes on the rack and tore off the rest of the rack (mounts are still on the car). Bikes then hit the back window. My buddy did the same thing a few years ago with his Jetta. The insurance company totaled his car....

I meant to post this when I saw it on the streets of San Francisco a couple of weeks ago but somewhat forgot about it until today.

This seemingly customer car (no MFG or DLR plates) had no rear hatch glass, some metal contraption in the trunk, and four posts of some kind where a roof rack would go.

Any ideas on what this could be? Sorry for the poor photo, it was right around sunset and the car was getting away from me at a stop light.

View attachment 78862

thats Leilani Munter's Model S.. Check CarbonFreeGirl she is big fan of tesla.. and her tesla is equipped with a big projector on back.

Imagine my surprise when I opened my mailbox to see Leilani looking up at me! I had just yesterday seen the very cool photo of Bonnie and Leilani posted to Twitter, and lo and behold, here's Leilani again! :)

She's on the cover of the current (May/June) issue of Vegan Health and Fitness, and you can see the image here:

http://www.veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/2015/04/may-june-2015/

It's a good article! I'm now officially a huge admirer of this amazing young woman -- on a number of levels, especially her ethics. :)

This is what she says in the article about her part in the film "Racing Extinction":

"...My role involves driving a very special one-of-a-kind James Bond-like version of a Tesla Model S. I can't tell you how honored I am to be a part of this film. Later in 2015 the Discovery Channel will air it in a global event in 220 countries to 2 billion subscribers in one day. Prior to that, it will have a theatrical release in 10 markets in the United States. "

I imagine we can find out more updates at Leilani's website: www.carbonfreegirl.com

It would be fun to arrange a meet-up with other Tesla folks at one of the theaters showing the film, if it's in a city nearby! :)

Reactions: newtman
Imagine my surprise when I opened my mailbox to see Leilani looking up at me! I had just yesterday seen the very cool photo of Bonnie and Leilani posted to Twitter, and lo and behold, here's Leilani again! :)

She's on the cover of the current (May/June) issue of Vegan Health and Fitness, and you can see the image here:

http://www.veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/2015/04/may-june-2015/

It's a good article! I'm now officially a huge admirer of this amazing young woman -- on a number of levels, especially her ethics. :)

This is what she says in the article about her part in the film "Racing Extinction":

"...My role involves driving a very special one-of-a-kind James Bond-like version of a Tesla Model S. I can't tell you how honored I am to be a part of this film. Later in 2015 the Discovery Channel will air it in a global event in 220 countries to 2 billion subscribers in one day. Prior to that, it will have a theatrical release in 10 markets in the United States. "

I imagine we can find out more updates at Leilani's website: www.carbonfreegirl.com

It would be fun to arrange a meet-up with other Tesla folks at one of the theaters showing the film, if it's in a city nearby! :)

yeah - I just checked her out too - what a badass chick. Love her!

Well well, look what we have here! I am about to go into the Roxie for the last of the SF Green Film Festival, and although I knew this would be the episode that was shot from the Tesla-mounted projector, I didn't expect the car itself to be here!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I want to know more about the car! Not too much info there. Anyone know what that thing is that pops out of the hood? Or what the plate is that goes on the roof in front of the projector, for that matter?

In the documentary they show another smaller projector popping out of the hood!

And the plate sitting on the roof in front of the rear projector seems to be a replacement for the hatch glass. It has four holes that align with the screws that stick out of the projector mount.

I was camping around Mendocino, CA two weekends ago and guess what car I saw charging at a local hotel!

And even more coincidence, the next day it was charging in Petaluma, also on its way back to San Francisco no doubt.

Does anyone on here own this car now? If so, please let me know!

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

I was camping around Mendocino, CA two weekends ago and guess what car I saw charging at a local hotel!

And even more coincidence, the next day it was charging in Petaluma, also on its way back to San Francisco no doubt.

Does anyone on here own this car now? If so, please let me know!

View attachment 174008

View attachment 174009

View attachment 174007

View attachment 174006

Might be the Racing Extinction car with the inbuilt projection system--Leilani Munter involved.