Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funniest Tesla Question Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I let anyone who wants to drive my Model 3 Performance take a test drive - it generally blows their mind.

In fact, I encourage them to test drive it. It's insured. Sure, it would still be a bummer if they crashed it, but mot accidents are caused by carelessness and inattentiveness, and I find people who test drive my car are the opposite of inattentive. Plus, the looks on their faces when I encourage them to floor it are generally priceless.
Love the priceless look!! I let everyone who's not afraid to drive it. I encourage them to floor it, too. I've found that once they've driven one, they can't get it out of their mind, and sooner or later they have to buy one. I've sold several new Teslas and a couple used ones that way.

I still get asked "Don't they all cost hundreds of thousands of dollars?" "No, the Model 3 was the one that was planned to be affordable by mere mortals like myself." Of course, this was first asked back when a $35K Model 3 was still theoretically available for purchase.
I tell people that it costs about as much as a Honda. That usually settles a lot of other questions on their mind.

Well, actually with regen, it kinda minimally does
This week, while coming down Mt. Greylock in western Massachusetts (the highest point in the state) I went from 64% SOC to 67% SOC. Unfortunately, I didn't note the SOC at the start of going up!

Also, I had a bike in the back seat that I was bringing in for repair and told several friends that is what Tesla owners with range anxiety carry. They were amused. If it helps anyone, to put it in the back I put a beach towel over the back seat area that I secure in place by closing the back edge of the center armrest cover onit. I take off the pedals (1 minute with a 15 mm wrench that I keep in the trunk pocket on the left) and the front wheel, which I rest on the bike.

• Funny
Reactions: DopeGhoti