TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Funny and Nice Tesla charging courtesy

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by jbcarioca, Jul 8, 2015.

1. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    The Village of Pinecrest south of Miami, FL has free CHAdeMO charging in two locations and recently added HPWC's also, which are 240V/80A.

Today I went to one of the two locations for a charge only to find the CHAdeMO occupied by another Tesla so I hooked up to the HPWC and went to work on emails sitting in my car. 15 minutes or so after beginning my charge a lady tapped on my window. I expected a wannabe and prepared my speil. She only wanted to tell me she had finished charging so i could move to the Fast Charger.

As I think about that I thought this quite funny in a nice way. here we are a couple of hours away from the nearest Superchargers so we treasure the working CHAdeMO.

The oddest thing about that these days we simply assume anybody with a Tesla in our area has a CHAdeMO adapter and is adept at using that odd technology.
  2. Electric700

Electric700 Member

May 21, 2013
    Florida, United States
    Nice to know about the CHAdeMO stations and HPWCs, and it was kind of the lady.

It will be great when the Plantation Supercharger goes online too. The more options, the better :smile:.