TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Funny Call From Solar City

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Pmacafee, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Pmacafee

Pmacafee Member

Nov 27, 2012
    San Francisco
    We got our HPWC installed at the end of March and I got a call from Solar City a couple of days ago and they needed ownership information on our rented commercial space where the charger was installed. Turns out that they are just now getting around to getting the building permit for the installation. No problem, they say, we just get the permit and the inspector comes out and signs off. A little curious but the second part was curious as well.
    The Solar City guy on the phone said that they were tidying up their paperwork for Tesla because they were closing down the division that did the HPWC installations. They would continue with the PV panel business but Tesla was either taking the HPWC installations in house or making some other kind of arrangements.

Does anyone know what's going on here, will Tesla leave it up to the buyer to make their own electrical contractor arrangements or are they going to work with other vendors?

Philip MacAfee
  2. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Sep 23, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    As far as I know Tesla already leaves it up to the buyer to make their own electrical contractor arrangements. They recommend a company--Solar City/Mr. Electric--but they certainly do not make any arrangements other than letting their preferred provider know about the order. I checked with Solar City/Mr. Electric but got much better quotes from a different, local electrical contracting company. I think Tesla just wanted to have a reputable and national company to refer its buyers to for service.