TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Funny Model S Album Art

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by HankLloydRight, Nov 5, 2014.

1. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

#1 HankLloydRight, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    Just to have some fun, I found my Model S to find some "interesting" album art for MP3s on my USB thumb drive and even the AM radio! I have no idea how their algorithm works, but it sure has some interesting results:

Here are two examples: Using the AM Radio in the NYC area, I had it tuned to 1010WINS for the "traffic on the 1s".. and this is the album art it found.. "The Ten Tenors". Pretty funny:

photo 1.JPG

61ane5EXCNL._PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

Did it match on "Ten Ten" or "Here's to the Hero's"??? Or did the MS just inject "Here's to the Hero's" on the display based on the album art match?

And this is one song I downloaded from Napster years ago.. it's an Erasure song demo of the song "Home". I have no idea how it came up with Michael Jackson's Thriller:

photo 2.JPG

I have one more, but I need to get a better photo to post.

Anyone else have any good ones to share?

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Here's the other one.

The "album" is a 5 song EP my housemate's band ("The Bensons") in the 80's released on cassette tape in the Phila area. "3yrs, 5 mos, and a lifetime" is the name of the EP.

photo 1 (Large).JPG

If you can't make out the cover, here is what it matched up, apparently ONLY on the word "lifetime". Very odd.

MI0000111930.jpg

3. iadbound

iadbound Member

I'm getting some great ones too with my audio books. I'll have to take a couple of pictures.

4. cschock

cschock Member

Love my car, but the music player really needs a lot of work. As you mention, the album art is some very strange stuff sometimes. And to make it worse, it does not seem to use any album art information in your MP3 files but sources them from wherever it is (seemingly) randomly getting them from on the Internet. Sure wish they would use the art embedded in the files if it exists.

5. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

#5 HankLloydRight, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    Here's another one.. The person on the right in the photo is Andy Bell (1/2 of Erasure), the other person is NOT Vincent Clarke (the other 1/2 of Erasure), it's Andy Bell's boyfriend, Paul.

It's clearly just some random image grabbed off of Google Images. Too bad they couldn't capture one of the thousand other photos of the actual members of the band.

Attached Files: