TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Funny Model S review (and some new tidbits)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AnOutsider, Jan 27, 2012.

1. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Wasn't sure where to put this as it touches on a few things, so I made a new thread (dp, please merge if you think of a better thread for this):

High-Speed Test Drive of Tesla Model S : Greentech Media

I laughed at this, but we all already knew the frunk was spacious due to the stunt they pulled at the Factory event.

Interesting, previously it was stated the car started when your seatbealt was fastened. Any ideas where (on the dash?) the push-button will be?

He makes it seem like this happened automatically, but I'm fairly sure there needs to be some pincode exchanging going on. Would be interested to see what settings are shown, and if that includes a "priority" feature as discussed elsewhere.

Poor Elon :tongue:

90MPH on gravel backroads?

I know there are some concerned with the amount of distraction in the 17" and dash screens, but that's pretty cool!

Again, not sure if this is facetious, but I know some did ask if the Frunk had a release mechanism. If it doesn't though, they must have rigged something for the October event.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

that was entertaining.

3. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

That's a fun read, thanks.

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

From the article:
    I'm pretty sure he just had a ride along. Page Mill is nice road, though. It's where I go to drive for fun.

I'm surprised the author didn't mention stopping to pick up his droogs while listening to the Ninth by Ludwig van.
    i003444.jpg

5. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I know, but I didn't know if the part about there NOT being a release in the trunk was true or just part of his narrative.

6. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Most of it's made up, so it's difficult to parse out facts, if any. :smile:
    Pretty sure there is a frunk release.

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I got the feeling though that he was giving a REAL review, in a fun way, which is why I pulled out the bits about push button start, text message on the screen etc.