Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funny story for ya'll....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I give my business to the local Discount Tire because:
  • No "insurance rules" bs, I can stand over the tech the whole time if I want
  • If I say "4-ways only" then no power tools
  • If I say "floor jacks only" then no lifts
I hate being "that guy" but when I take the DeLorean in, I'm 100% sure it's their first time working on one. The fiberglass underbody has steel-reinforced jack points, and the unreinforced areas will not hold the weight of the car, so a slight misalignment can do significant damage.
After vetting out all the local tire places over the last 30 years, one (of the two) Discount Tire locations here gets all of my business. The shop manager is honest and offers top notch customer service. I could write a wall of text with stories of how great this store is.

The prices aren't the best, but I don't mind paying a bit more to know that I'm not going to walk away with incorrectly torqued lug nuts, wheel damage, vehicle damage... there's just no stress involved with doing business with this one particular store. If you can even FIND a store like this, you're doing well. I don't mind paying extra for guys that actually care about their work.

I'm sure this isn't news to most, but I find Yelp really helpful in these situations. I've had my favorite shops over years, but things change. They hire new people and the quality of service usually go downhill. A couple weeks ago I decided to switch to the OEM 19s and ordered the tires from Tire Rack. I had them drop shipped to one of their installers all of which
I vetted on Yelp. Only one stood out (Tires Plus) with mostly positive reviews. Needless to say, they were better than expected since they regularly work on Teslas. Friendly service as well.

Reactions: CyberGus
OH yeah, my 15 year old daughter knows how to jack up a car properly, too bad mechanics cant do it right.

Attachments

• $_1.jpg
    $_1.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 94
  • $_1.jpg
    $_1.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 71