TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Funny SunPass charge

Discussion in 'Florida' started by sunkat, Oct 4, 2013.

1. sunkat

sunkat Member

Got a license plate image capture charge of $8.48 for 4 axles as the Dania Beach service center was transporting my car across the alley...

ledgerItemItolPicAction.jpeg

2. ClearwaterBchSteve

ClearwaterBchSteve P445 / VIN 1794

That's worth the $8.48 charge just in hilarity! Isn't your SunPass card registered for a 2 axle vehicle? You'd think that would be a cross check within the system...

3. MissErol

MissErol Model S #9221

LOL, that is hilarious, nice pic. I assume you called them and they refunded you, PLUS gave you a credit for making them laugh too.

4. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

I had this happen to me, but for my wife's car *after* she sold it. We accidentally left the Sunpass sticker on. But the weird thing was that it was an image toll as well, and the pictures didn't show her car, it only showed the car carriers (huge ones) and you couldn't see the cars on it. At first I thought it was some sort of mistake, because I couldn't really tell it was car carriers; you could only tell it was some sort of tractor trailer, and then I figured out I was watching the distribution of trade-ins across Florida, as the car moved from carrier to carrier and through the Turnpike system.

Sunpass at first refused to refund the money, as it was my fault for not deactivating the sticker (true). But after two supervisors, I got them to credit all of the tolls.