TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Funny Tesla moment ( Poaching )

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by psingram, May 27, 2014.

1. psingram

psingram Member

:tongue: There I was, sitting in our MS at the Burlington, WA SC'er topping off. In comes a brand new ( no plates ) blue Leaf, head in to station 2A. Lady gets out, opens the port gets the cord off the SC and spends a frustrating 2 - 3 min. trying to plug in. She sees me sitting there and comes over and asks "can you show me how to plug this thing in?" Trying to keep my best straight face I tell her that a far as I know it can't be done, these are only for Tesla's. Now she is getting mad, I ask her to get in and I will show her where she needs to be. She sits down and her eyes get as big as dinner plates. I go on line and open plugshare and now she is really ticked "you can go on line with the car!!" ( thought the Leaf could too?), yes I can, and here is where you need to be at the public charger a mile south on the same road. She says "well thanks, thats just peachy".
    After she drove off I though I would loose breakfast ROFLMAO. Made my day.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Wasn't there a picture circulating of a similar situation?

3. AndreyATC

AndreyATC Member

I hope she made it there

4. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

yea...

1655994_750074795003976_367018531_n.jpg

5. roblab

roblab Active Member

This is a good reason that there need to be J plugs at Supercharger sites, or at least a sign telling Non Tesla owners that they can't use this high powered charger because it would blow their battery out the bottom of their car -- or some such -- and the nearest wimpy charger is in the next town behind the library....

I vote for J plug chargers just to be kind. :wink: