Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funny video of Grandma trying autopilot for the first time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twenty miles down the road she's probably swearing she'll never drive an autopilot-less car again.

When I first got my S, I went right out onto I-85 and activated cruise control, and a few miles later autopilot. The first twenty miles was harrowing, as I was in moderately heavy traffic and not having direct control of the car was so totally alien. But after that first little bit, I was totally relaxed and just monitored the car's performance as it did all the heavy lifting. Oh and I also kept (and still keep) an eye out for idiots who might do something stupid with their ton-and-a-half+ of metal.

Reactions: Model S M.D.

Now I admit this was almost my reaction when I first tried it during my test drive... although it was mostly an internal dialogue. Hilarious though.

This is exactly my wife's reaction when using AP for the first time on my car, hilarious video! Describing the car as "alien" pretty much sums up my initial thoughts as well. After awhile I got used to it and could not imagine driving a car without it!

Reactions: ModelX and cdub