Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Further reduced configuration options S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only rumours - but there are plenty of them, especially on Reddit. Most people think it'll be some time before Q2 2019.

I'm glad I managed to nab the cream interior before this change. Neither of the two carbon fibre trims for the P100D appeal to me.

Attachments

• CapturFiles-12-06-2018_01.06.19.jpg
    CapturFiles-12-06-2018_01.06.19.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 46
Only rumours - but there are plenty of them, especially on Reddit. Most people think it'll be some time before Q2 2019.

I'm glad I managed to nab the cream interior before this change. Neither of the two carbon fibre trims for the P100D appeal to me.

I certainly agree the rumour mill regarding the S/X refresh has being spinning for well over a year, but I also noticed a significant price drop on a number of inventory vehicles in Australia. Now I know the US Fin year ends Dec which could account for the price drop but it makes more sense that a refresh is closer to being released and they need to shift all existing stock. It will be interesting to see what happens Q1 next year?

I certainly agree the rumour mill regarding the S/X refresh has being spinning for well over a year, but I also noticed a significant price drop on a number of inventory vehicles in Australia. Now I know the US Fin year ends Dec which could account for the price drop but it makes more sense that a refresh is closer to being released and they need to shift all existing stock. It will be interesting to see what happens Q1 next year?
Model S and x ordered off the configuarator website are still made to order, so not a lot of stock shifting happening there. Its more likely that they want to follow the path of model 3 and just make a stack of cars of limited configurations so that they can have existing stock and assembly efficiency.