Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FUSC vs SC01

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks for the data point. my dealer did not advertise either. you give me hope!
I asked for - and received - an overnight test drive. We negotiated and settled everything else first. But I wanted to make sure I could charge it at my house with just the Tesla Mobile Connector and that it fit in my garage. The Model S is a deceptively large car. I also ran it up to a nearby supercharger to see what that experience was like. There was nothing about payment or estimated cost on the screen which I thought was a good sign about Free Supercharging. I realize in hindsight I could have accidentally charged the previous owner a few bucks worth of electricity. Bad form on my part.

A friend of mine helped me figure out it also had Autopilot and Hardware 2.0 and the HEPA filter. Pretty much everything except the cold weather package. I didn't think the sliding glass sunroof was a big deal but I guess Tesla stopped offering that so some people seek it out.

I asked for - and received - an overnight test drive. We negotiated and settled everything else first. But I wanted to make sure I could charge it at my house with just the Tesla Mobile Connector and that it fit in my garage. The Model S is a deceptively large car. I also ran it up to a nearby supercharger to see what that experience was like. There was nothing about payment or estimated cost on the screen which I thought was a good sign about Free Supercharging. I realize in hindsight I could have accidentally charged the previous owner a few bucks worth of electricity. Bad form on my part.

A friend of mine helped me figure out it also had Autopilot and Hardware 2.0 and the HEPA filter. Pretty much everything except the cold weather package. I didn't think the sliding glass sunroof was a big deal but I guess Tesla stopped offering that so some people seek it out.

nice. I took a gamble and just initiated the ownership claim online...we'll see how long it takes. did you follow a similar process? congrats

nice. I took a gamble and just initiated the ownership claim online...we'll see how long it takes. did you follow a similar process? congrats
I did eventually follow the "request ownership" procedure online. I bought it on a Saturday. The dealer was trying to contact the previous owner so they could contact me for transfer. They thought it best the previous owner just turn over his Tesla account to me. Which I didn't really want. I submitted on a Sunday night around 8PM and by 10:30AM Monday I received the confirmation it was added. i think part of the process is they email the previous owner to verify. So maybe there could be a delay if they don't respond to Tesla? That's pure speculation on my part.

Once I had that confirmation, I logged in and could see the car details on the Tesla website and it showed up in the Tesla app. I then initiated a factory reset from inside the car.

Reactions: designrs
I did eventually follow the "request ownership" procedure online. I bought it on a Saturday. The dealer was trying to contact the previous owner so they could contact me for transfer. They thought it best the previous owner just turn over his Tesla account to me. Which I didn't really want. I submitted on a Sunday night around 8PM and by 10:30AM Monday I received the confirmation it was added. i think part of the process is they email the previous owner to verify. So maybe there could be a delay if they don't respond to Tesla? That's pure speculation on my part.

Once I had that confirmation, I logged in and could see the car details on the Tesla website and it showed up in the Tesla app. I then initiated a factory reset from inside the car.

okay, so we went through the same process. I submitted photos of the temp registration on Tue or Wed, I'll keep an eye out for an email from Tesla!

so the xfer went through...how do I tell if I won the FUSC gamble?

download.png

See ”how do I find my link” - first ’here’ link in my post above. That’s where I got mine.

excellent, thanks. I was following some outdated info.

I do question the accuracy of the options in the image url...it says I've got rear facing seats. maybe it's a generic code because I have a 6 seater?
Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 12.27.53 PM.png

Based off the decoder, I do see SC01.

So, for posterity I'm including all the facts I have. We'll see what happens when I try to supercharge in the coming weeks.
  1. Vehicle was mfg'd and titled well within the accepted transferable FUSC date range
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 12.32.53 PM.png

2. 1 owner, traded in to dealer (NOT Tesla)
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 12.33.15 PM.png

3. MCU shows "no recent supercharging"
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 12.29.52 PM.png

4. SC01 included in option codes from my account (after being transferred to me)
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 12.35.07 PM.png

5. "Free Unlimited Supercharging" shows up in specs, under my account. Though, I'm not sure if this should appear under "Upgrades"
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 12.29.32 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 12.27.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 12.27.39 PM.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: FlatSix911
6. tesla account is in my name and it appears to charge

View attachment 651246View attachment 651248View attachment 651245
@ngng Any update on your FUSC? Sounds like it has been working, but I have read reports of random audits where it gets removed. Is yours still working? I am basically in the exact situation as you were. I was able to confirm the SC01 package on the Tesla I am interested in, but it’s from a 3rd party dealer so I am worried at some point it may have touched Tesla and been removed. Are their any other ways (other than what’s listed in this thread) to have a higher chance of retaining those features?