Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fuse box diagram for Model S 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was trying to use the spare power source in rear mirror to set up my dash camera this morning, unfortunately I accidently shorted and burned the fuse of it. I found the fuse box, but having a hard time mapping the fuse number to the power source. it said refer to owner's manual, but I can't find the information in owner's manual.

Any idea where can I find the information? I found the 2015 version of fuse diagram from this forum, the layout looks same, but I have a hard time mapping the functional description for this power source.

I'm guessing you have a post-facelift car? I haven't seen a late-2016 fuse box diagram yet. Best thing is to get a multimeter, put in in audible continuity mode, and start testing. When you find a dead fuse, replace it. That might sound tedious but it goes pretty quickly.

I'd start at the bottom right of the frunk fusebox. That's where I found the fuse for the 12v Constant Mic Fuse. The fuses are micro2 (aka just "micro"). Around here most auto parts stores have them, but the selection may be meagre. I haven't been able to find out what other cars use them.

These are for D cars:
Hope this helps
Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.54.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.53.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.53.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.52.58 PM.png

WOW--I have been "asking" Fremont for almost a year for updated fuse box layouts. The owners manual only shows one big one & my car has 3 in the frunk & 1 in the footwell. THANK YOU! BTW: where did you get the diagrams?
I'm not sure I'm supposed to even have them let alone share what I have, but I strongly feel we should have a fusebox diagram! Sheesh!

I bought a complete service Manual on ebay for all yr cars.

Any idea where can I find the information? I found the 2015 version of fuse diagram from this forum, the layout looks same, but I have a hard time mapping the functional description for this power source.

Sounds like a great time to have a service manual. You would think that the "most transparent" car company ever would make them available? Sad.

Reactions: unbelievable
I have a 2013 P85 US version - left hand drive (RWD Obviously) and was wiring a charger into the empty 12v two wire plug hanging in the center console, on the passenger side (right next to the two usb cables).

I shorted the wire and blew a fuse but cannot figure out which fuse. To make matters worse, I cannot find all three fuse boxes? There are two under the plastic cowl in the frunk compartment, but the third is not up there. I looked behind the passenger footwell carpet/plastic and there is nothing there either.

Does anyone know another location that they may have put this fuse box?

Also, the fuse controls power to the cable I shorted, the two USB ports, and apparently the XM radio, as it no longer loads. Anyone know which fuse number that would be?

Thanks in advance!

It's fuse #35 in fuse box #2. It's a 15 amp fuse. The diagram is in your owner's manual. Standing in front of your car it is the left fuse box. The right fuse box is #3. If anything blows in fuse box #1 you have to go to Tesla to get it fixed.

Note: The fuse box diagrams are not in the owner's manual for the AP and later cars.

It's fuse #35 in fuse box #2. It's a 15 amp fuse. The diagram is in your owner's manual. Standing in front of your car it is the left fuse box. The right fuse box is #3. If anything blows in fuse box #1 you have to go to Tesla to get it fixed.

Note: The fuse box diagrams are not in the owner's manual for the AP and later cars.
I will check that one, but my accessory plug (aka cigarette lighter) works fine.

I was looking for Fuse box #1 because based on the photo below, it should be fuse #F1 (see below). Not sure why you would need to got to Tesla to fix these fuses?

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 2.07.10 PM.png

Sorry about that. My brain translated USB cables into USB sockets.
I don't know why the warning in the manual unless the components that have to be removed to gain access to the fuse box are high voltage components. 400 volts DC can kill you in an instant.