TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fuse box diagram for Model S 2016

Discussion in 'Model S' started by wangjue, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. wangjue

wangjue Member

I was trying to use the spare power source in rear mirror to set up my dash camera this morning, unfortunately I accidently shorted and burned the fuse of it. I found the fuse box, but having a hard time mapping the fuse number to the power source. it said refer to owner's manual, but I can't find the information in owner's manual.

Any idea where can I find the information? I found the 2015 version of fuse diagram from this forum, the layout looks same, but I have a hard time mapping the functional description for this power source.

2. oktane

oktane Active Member

Worst case scenario you could check each fuse. Or use a tone generator to map it out. My guess is it's in the passenger footwell, however.

3. mblakele

mblakele (つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ

I'm guessing you have a post-facelift car? I haven't seen a late-2016 fuse box diagram yet. Best thing is to get a multimeter, put in in audible continuity mode, and start testing. When you find a dead fuse, replace it. That might sound tedious but it goes pretty quickly.

I'd start at the bottom right of the frunk fusebox. That's where I found the fuse for the 12v Constant Mic Fuse. The fuses are micro2 (aka just "micro"). Around here most auto parts stores have them, but the selection may be meagre. I haven't been able to find out what other cars use them.

4. murphyS90D

murphyS90D Member

5. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

These are for D cars:
    Hope this helps
    Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.54.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.53.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.53.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.52.58 PM.png

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

...and for RWD cars:
    Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.59.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.59.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.58.54 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 12.58.46 PM.png

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  7. brabusamg55

brabusamg55 Member

#7 brabusamg55, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    same thing happened to me. i had to pull each fuse to figure out which one is burned. wish i had took a note on which one it is but the one i replaced is in one of the two front fuse boxes. hope that help.

8. wangjue

wangjue Member

great to know, do you know what amp fuse do you replace? this will reduce my search effort a lot :)

9. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

WOW--I have been "asking" Fremont for almost a year for updated fuse box layouts. The owners manual only shows one big one & my car has 3 in the frunk & 1 in the footwell. THANK YOU! BTW: where did you get the diagrams?

10. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

I'm not sure I'm supposed to even have them let alone share what I have, but I strongly feel we should have a fusebox diagram! Sheesh!

I bought a complete service Manual on ebay for all yr cars.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  11. wangjue

wangjue Member

Muzzman1, your diagram looks different, the fuse box on my car, all number start with F1**, seems a newer version of layout?

12. 182RG

182RG Free The Service Manuals From Tyranny

Sounds like a great time to have a service manual. You would think that the "most transparent" car company ever would make them available? Sad.

13. oktane

oktane Active Member

Very sad indeed. Anyone have a diagram for the 2016 refresh? There is a single micro2 fusebox at the firewall and another in right passenger footwell. Probably one in trunk that I haven't seen yet.

14. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

MUZZ: I looked on eBay & saw the manual?DVD but for $129?

15. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Yeah.
    For me. It's a tool. Tools can be priceless.

16. wangjue

wangjue Member

Thanks murphy for the information, to report back, today I tried F100 and it worked.