Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I have a late-2016 Model S (and a 2013 S which is not pertinent to the current question) that I'm trying to tap into a 12v switched feed. There are no diagrams at all for the fuse boxes in the new Tesla. Don't ask me to check the manual as they haven't included the word fuse at all in the manual.

After speaking with a fellow at one of the service centers, he said that I could tap into the 20amp accessory outlet in the car front footwell, under the glove box. My question is - has anyone opened up the front passenger side to this effect yet? He said that to get to it I'd need to remove the door sill on the front right door behind the right side footwell and that the fuse block is about the size of a hand.

I can pull the dash apart relatively easily but I'm curious if anyone's done the footwell area like this (or have any better suggestions). He implied that most of the fuses in the Frunk are reserved for the AP2 stuff and are probably not switched.
Thanks.

Just pried a bunch of panels off and - answering my own question - yes there's a fuse box, to the right of the passenger footwell (in front of the door). Found the fuse for the accessory outlet - it is the 20 amp one that is leftmost. I will snap a pic before I put it back together if I think of it. I had to pry the sill off to get to it.

Hi Tornado--I am also checking out the other thread re: this. It's be 9 months & I still can not get an answer re: the layout for the fuses. Un-Effing-Believable! Fremont told me many months ago that it would be included in an update to the e-Manual ASAP. Nope...

Spyder - totally agree! Frustrating!
Here is the location for that one fuse box, and detail of where the accessory port lives. Hope this helps someone!

By the way I have a Add-A-Circuit Fuse TAP in that 20 amp port for my radar detector in case you're wondering. The tap is found here:
http://a.co/1hZEpMj

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 8.51.25 AM.png

Screenshot_1_15_17__8_52_AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: ABVA and David29
Wow. Finally we have an answer -- thanks for the pictures.

Interesting how many high amp fuses there are in this box! Lots of 20 and 25 amp fuses.

BTW I love the add a circuit taps: they allow you to do stuff without cutting any factory wiring. For others: the orientation is important so if you put it in and the original fused hardware (eg light, etc) isn't working, reverse the orientation. You also need the tiny microfuse size for the new fuseboxes (as linked above).

Uuuh, no? According to the print in the bottom right corner, those schematics cover 2014-models (not 2016, and certainly not ALL model years), am I wrong?

BTW: Is posting those docs in here totally OK? (Read fine print *next to* the bottom right corner.) No criticizm, just asking

Last edited:
Uuuh, no? According to the print in the bottom right corner, those schematics cover 2014-models (not 2016, and certainly not ALL model years), am I wrong?

BTW: Is posting those docs in here totally OK? (Read fine print *next to* the bottom right corner.) No criticizm, just asking

The Tesla Service Manual states: Left-Hand Drive, Dual Motor, All years ... prior to 2016 Facelift :cool:

I picked up my MS 100D yesterday and want to install the Blackvue 650S dual Channel. I installed Blackvue 550 Dual Channel in my 2013 Model S which was a breeze by tapping the fuses in frunk.
I know, quiet a lot has changed since 2013. Has anyone installed the Magic Pro to activate parking mode on Blackvue 650S? Which fuses to tap for constant and accessory power etc. Any guidance is sincerely appreciated.

I picked up my MS 100D yesterday and want to install the Blackvue 650S dual Channel. I installed Blackvue 550 Dual Channel in my 2013 Model S which was a breeze by tapping the fuses in frunk.
I know, quiet a lot has changed since 2013. Has anyone installed the Magic Pro to activate parking mode on Blackvue 650S? Which fuses to tap for constant and accessory power etc. Any guidance is sincerely appreciated.
You don't need the magic pro. The Tesla has a constant 12v above the rear vew mirror YouTube has a great video on how to install the Blackvue . I followed it and did my own install the Video is well made by another member BigTonyTones it is titled Blackvue DR650S 2 Channel Tesla install

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
You don't need the magic pro. The Tesla has a constant 12v above the rear vew mirror YouTube has a great video on how to install the Blackvue . I followed it and did my own install the Video is well made by another member BigTonyTones it is titled Blackvue DR650S 2 Channel Tesla install
Thank you Mayo.
So it can be safely concluded that MagicPro is not necessary for the Parking Mode, it's only functionality is to provide protection against drain on 12v battery. If that is the case, I will not worry about adding the MagicPro. However, I will still add an inline fuse. Any recommendations on amperage of inline fuse.