Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the unused (in US) intrusion module connector shown in the Teslatap article is connected to F100 in the frunk area which is a 5A fuse (see FlatSix911's post above). This connector is typically used to get unswitched power for the camera. I'd bet that a 2A fuse would be fine for the dashcam (or even 1A).

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Looks like the unused (in US) intrusion module connector shown in the Teslatap article is connected to F100 in the frunk area which is a 5A fuse (see FlatSix911's post above). This connector is typically used to get unswitched power for the camera. I'd bet that a 2A fuse would be fine for the dashcam (or even 1A).

Hi everyone, I have a question along this line. As I was trying to wire my camera into the 14V free line (in the center microphone grill), I accidentally shorted out the circuit with my voltmeter. I no longer read any voltage coming through (was previously 14V). Does Fuse F100 indeed supply this connection? Interestingly, probing the other two wires I get 10V read. I've attached picture of the wire with a fan extension cable. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_5034.jpg
    IMG_5034.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 249
Ok, so I couldn't wait for a response so I cracked open the FRUNK. Indeed F100 is the fuse that controls this connector. It's a 5amp fuse shown below. Thanks for the previous posters!

Attachments

• IMG_5167.jpg
    IMG_5167.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_5168.jpg
    IMG_5168.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_5170.jpg
    IMG_5170.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Informative
Reactions: EVCarGUy
Thank you Mayo.
So it can be safely concluded that MagicPro is not necessary for the Parking Mode, it's only functionality is to provide protection against drain on 12v battery. If that is the case, I will not worry about adding the MagicPro. However, I will still add an inline fuse. Any recommendations on amperage of inline fuse.
Yes an inline 5amp fuse is what Big Tony Tones did. I personally didn't go with the inline fuse. Find his YouTube Video and purchase the 4 plug adapter he recommends and follow his advise. It was a breeze....Mine had been instlled for over 4 months and very happy with the results

Yes an inline 5amp fuse is what Big Tony Tones did. I personally didn't go with the inline fuse. Find his YouTube Video and purchase the 4 plug adapter he recommends and follow his advise. It was a breeze....Mine had been instlled for over 4 months and very happy with the results
Thanks once again Mayo.
Based on your advise/recommendations, I successfully installed the Blackvue 650 S 2 Ch today (aesthetics will be finished tomorrow)
Having problems with resetting password and SSID,

Tapping the 12V power connection in the passenger side kick panel is no problem (I, too, used an Add-A-Circuit Micro2 adapter)...but where did you tap for the ground connection ? I couldn't see any ground tap bolt (aluminum construction eliminates the body itself, and I didn't find a common grounding "stud"), and many of the black wires are coax for the Canbus syste (do not cut those !!!). I did see a couple of black wires that I would assume to be ground wires, but I hesitate to run power through them to test them just in case they are not.

What is everyone else using for the kick panel ground connection ???

2015 Tesla Model S 70D here.

I've had the Blackvue cameras running for a couple of years just fine using the power connection behind the ceiling panel. I recently had the car in to Tesla service and they somehow cracked the windshield. They put a new one in for free, but now my cameras no longer work. According to a meter there is no longer power to that accessory outlet in the ceiling. I suspect a blown fuse. Would anyone happen to know what fuse that would be on the 2015? I see from the posts above that it is the F100 on later models which seems to be for an European accessory. This would seemingly be F50 on the 2015, but that fuse is fine.

If it's not a fuse then Tesla Service must have done something to the wiring - nicked it or disconnected it.

Thanks for your consideration.

Looking at the fuse box and legend for a 2016, here's what I see.
F100 5A Siren and Intrusion Module. If you are using the black 3 wire/4 position connector behind the speaker grille, I think this is it.

Attachments

• 2016 Fuse diagram.jpg
    2016 Fuse diagram.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 45