Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fuse problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I own a 2016 MS 75D (refreshed) and the driver's side door handles (front and rear) as well as the driver's window control cluster all stopped working at the same time. The door handles still won't open the door if I slip something behind them to be able to pull them away from the car. The rear window control also does not work. Everything works as normal on the passenger side. I rebooted the car with no effect.

I'm guessing this is a fuse issue and am hoping to replace them myself, but would appreciate any insight's as to which fuse(s) specifically or whether it could be something else. The labeling in the posted fuse diagrams is a bit cryptic--F233 ("Door Controls and Front Handles: Left/Right"); F201 ("Window Motor, Left Rear"); F205 ("Window Motor, Left Front") seem the likely candidates, possibly only F233?

Any guidance/advice would be much appreciated!

Try first that door control fuse, these separate ones for windows can be checked if all the rest will work. It’s not rear situation to have to change that door control unit as this might be the original issue. It should look like this:

8070A799-65AE-4A4F-8C00-05AAE9BC23C6.jpeg

Also the wiring between door and body frame might be good to check for not broken wires…

Thanks! Appreciate the suggestions. I also saw a thread that discussed the door control module and the wiring harness. May wind up being worth taking it in, but my appt is not for over a week and I'm hoping I can solve it beforehand.

Just to wrap up: The fuses were all good and had no effect. Had it serviced at Tesla dealer, they identified it as a problem with the wiring harness in the drivers door. Replaced it and all works perfectly now. Charge was about $330, which I thought was reasonable.

Reactions: KalJoMoS