Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future 2047 barn find

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

iwannam3

Aug 8, 2016
Washington
Ran when parked. Just needs a 250 kwh solid state Li replacement battery pack, only $2,500 (2047 dollars) and a coolant change . The obsolete 12 volt lead acid battery is $1,000 with hazmat fees included....

IMG_20190831_112712000_HDR.jpg

28 years is long enough to apply for a historic plate! 91 Chevy is getting up there in age. I remember the Lumina/Grand Prix and all the marketing. My sister had a '90 Grand Prix 4-door. Door latches sticking after only a couple years! And those door-integrated seatbelts!! :rolleyes:

Careful man, those years still had the option to drive them yourself. Do you want to spend 20 years in jail for vehicular manslaughter?

“solid state Li replacement battery pack’ what the heck is that? I wonder if the new 7” cold fusion box will run it.
Go ask your Grandpa.

28 years is long enough to apply for a historic plate! 91 Chevy is getting up there in age. I remember the Lumina/Grand Prix and all the marketing. My sister had a '90 Grand Prix 4-door. Door latches sticking after only a couple years! And those door-integrated seatbelts!! :rolleyes:
Historic plates means no more emissions rules! Woooo

Reactions: XLR82XS
2047 is only 28 years from now. Imagine a 1991 Chevy... doesn't seem that old or am I just old? LOL

it really will be the SW that's the issue. 28 yrs isn't too old for a car...but how about a desktop from 1991? Odds you can find a functional copy of Win3.1 to run on that 486sx with 16MB of RAM? Have an actual CD so you can enter the serial # off it? How about when it wants to connect over your dialup to a non-existent phone number to check if there's an update? Similar issues will apply to the X, unfortunately.

I do live in a bit of fear that Tesla goes under, or nearly so and has to cut support. Bits do rot.

it really will be the SW that's the issue. 28 yrs isn't too old for a car...but how about a desktop from 1991? Odds you can find a functional copy of Win3.1 to run on that 486sx with 16MB of RAM? Have an actual CD so you can enter the serial # off it? How about when it wants to connect over your dialup to a non-existent phone number to check if there's an update? Similar issues will apply to the X, unfortunately.

I do live in a bit of fear that Tesla goes under, or nearly so and has to cut support. Bits do rot.
I assume that the days of software being lost are coming to a close. Heck, by then we will probably have retail class AI programs that could reverse engineer the original stack.

Reactions: 0ptions