TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Future dealer store locations

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by ppower, Apr 6, 2016.

1. ppower

ppower Member

Now I can't find the numbers from the reveal that Elon said they would increase dealers from around 250 to 420 locations. Tesla doesn't show a map of the current dealers, but I'm curious to see where the big gaps around the country are. For me, Tulsa, OK is 4 hours north of Dallas and 4 hours south of Kansas City dealers. We could serve OKC 1.5hours away as well as NW Arkansas where there are already a surprising number of Tesla around Walmart headquarters. So where in your region is an additional store needed? For another reason why my city needs a store, TULSA ~ TESLA. Who else has a city so close to the name? And hey, we are the center of Google Maps.

Who else is in an area that is hours away from the closest dealer? I'd be curious to see a map of the current stores just to see where the holes are.

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

Here's a map of current Tesla galleries. You can use this link to find galleries, service centers, superchargers and destination chargers.
    2016-04-06_0836.png

BTW, there is a Tesla, WV, so they actually beat Tulsa. Sorry.

• Helpful x 1
  3. ppower

ppower Member

BTW, there is a Tesla, WV, so they actually beat Tulsa. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Dangit! (But thanks) Sounds like WV needs them a store and stat!

4. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Tesla does not have dealers. It only has company-owned stores and service centers (and galleries where the auto dealer cartel prevents Tesla from selling cars). No dealers is one of the best things about buying a Tesla.

• Like x 1
  5. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

That is unless you are 200+ miles from a service center with very few other options. So we need a service center in the TRI-cities in NE Tennessee with a population of over 250,000

6. ppower

ppower Member

I understand that, but I apologize for using the D word. If you as a well-known member would be able to get a moderator to change my thread title, I would appreciate it.

7. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado Member

I'm 330 miles, and a lot of mountains, from the nearest service center. No chance for a closer Service Center in the foreseeable future; that's life out in the boondocks. And I consider myself lucky compared to some others in remote areas, at least I have lots of Supercharger stations within easy reach.

I'm hoping that Tesla eventually allows selected independent shops to do Tesla service. Otherwise it is hard for me to see how they can effectively cover the country for convenient service.