Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Model 3 Owners In Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model S and my wife has an ice that has to be replaced soon. Have her convinced on the Chevy Volt. But I did reserve an E the morning after the launch for two reasons. Not sure if will need one earlier than 2019 or 2020 so wanted to be further down the line, and even if we don't need it at the time I figure an interest free loan to Tesla to help with the ev revolution is ok; especially when we get next to no return anyway. Besides, my thousand bucks is probably safer with Tesla than in the bank.

I currently drive a Civic Si that I drive and my wife drives a RAV4. The plan is to replace my Civic with the 3 because the Rav4 has more utility usefulness. I'm hoping we can order the 3 in 2018. My Civic is still in great shape and doesn't need replacing anytime soon but I'm more worried about the Ontario election in June 2018 and the next government possibly scrapping the EV incentives. We can all only wait patiently and watch as it all unfolds throughout the next 18 months.

I had a thought about the delays we're seeing with the Model X in Canada...could that happen to the Model 3 as well? I am assuming (hoping) it's specific to the X but I don't follow it closely to know more about the reasons for the delay.

Anyone know more about this? Thanks

I had a thought about the delays we're seeing with the Model X in Canada...could that happen to the Model 3 as well? I am assuming (hoping) it's specific to the X but I don't follow it closely to know more about the reasons for the delay.

Anyone know more about this? Thanks

The Model X was delayed due to some transport Canada certifications that were not received. Last I heard that was all cleared up and it was cleared to enter the country.

Funny after a couple of months on this thread I'm back because I just saw a Model X in Markham (Titanium Metallic I think)! First time I've seen one in person...well driving past each other that is. It caught my eye right away and had to tell the family driving with me and was met with "oh Tesla again!" haha

Great to see that milestone has been met and the next big one is getting the 3 right!

Reactions: SmartElectric
I'm surprised this thread did not already exist.

I put down my reservation for a TM3 on April 1st. I currently drive a Honda Civic Si and was originally looking at pursuing a BMW 340xi or 440xi GC. But after the TM3 reveal, I was instantly swayed. I'm really hoping to not have to wait another 2 years for the release in Canada though.

The new Ontario EV rebates look really enticing as well. What's your story?

Let's get some conversations going!

I used to own a 2006 Civic Si as well, sold it to a family friend. Since my wife owns a used minivan for hauling our two kids, it will have to do for now. I placed an order on the TM3 the second Tesla's online store opened for deposits. Although that new facelift 60D i'm drooling on for the past month comes is vert tempting.

I'm not in a rush to jump on a the gun if I were to buy a 60D. We just recently moved into a condo and one issue comes up is installing a wall connector in my parking garage. Anyone lives in a Condo in Toronto that fought hard for installing EV chargers?

When Elon tweeted about the "token of appreciation", I was hoping to get an option for free. Eg. winter package, high fidelity sound system, etc. The prints are cool but not that special if you ask me, since some SCs were distributing similar prints of the Model X to everyone.

Reactions: sitter_k
It will become an absolute no-brainer in that case. I'm pumped and can't wait. I put down my deposit on the morning of March 31st and I'm just counting down the days now.

Me too. I'm optimistically hoping to get it near the end of 2017 or early 2018. But if that happens, the potential HST rebate may not be in effect yet. It sounds like there still needs to be work done for that and it doesn't look like it will happen before 2018.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/climate-change-action-plan
Ontario will work with the federal government to explore ways to provide full-HST relief to purchasers of new battery electric vehicles, with the objective of introducing this relief by 2018.

Me too. I'm optimistically hoping to get it near the end of 2017 or early 2018. But if that happens, the potential HST rebate may not be in effect yet. It sounds like there still needs to be work done for that and it doesn't look like it will happen before 2018.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/climate-change-action-plan
Yes with a full HST rebate customers will be looking at saving around $20,000 depending on how it is configured over an equally priced ICE car. I will just have to tell my wife the more i spend the more (HST) i save......No brainer indeed!

Not sure if it's been there all along but I saw on the Model 3 page for Canada that it shows "US deliveries begin late 2017". I was hoping when they said West coast first it was including BC but it would suck if they do all of US (West to East coast) then Canada West to East coast. Maybe by the time we get it in Ontario they'll have the overnight electricity program and HST rebate worked out at least!