Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Model 3 Owners In Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a P90D and placed a deposit on a model 3 figuring it was a 'dig your well before you're thirsty' type of move. I don't really have a need for it, but when it's ready, maybe I will.

My delivery estimate on my tesla, shows late 2018 (has shown that since I put the reservation down). Is that earlier than normal, or is that what everyone's said? I heard they'd bump existing model S owners to the front of the line.

blurcar_trans.png

Your Model 3 Delivery Estimate
Model 3 deliveries are beginning in the US based on whether you are an employee, if you own a Tesla and when you placed your reservation.
RN10905XXXX made on October 15, 2017

• Late 2018

Hey All,

Just bumping this back up. Based on all the recent news and speculation that's been happening, what's everyone thinking? What are your thoughts towards the progress made thus far?
good question. I think people should check their delivery estimator on 'mytesla'.

go to mytesla/login
click MANAGE on your model 3
click 'LEARN MORE beside the delivery estimator in the Learn More section written in small font on the right side of the screen

• Helpful
Reactions: Blazing Whisper
good question. I think people should check their delivery estimator on 'mytesla'.

go to mytesla/login
click MANAGE on your model 3
click 'LEARN MORE beside the delivery estimator in the Learn More section written in small font on the right side of the screen

Thank you! I used to see my delivery estimate months ago until Tesla made some changes on the MyTesla page and I didn't notice that "Learn more" link on the right.

It said late 2018 for me since the beginning, and still does now.

Interesting that everyone is late 2018. I think it's because:

1. Canada is tiny, so they can make all of our model 3s in short order. The spread from first to last might be 40 days or something.
2. they originally said we'd be after america so that's still in line with itself.

So I reckon they have the same thing on everyone's reservation timeline here. The tesla owners and employees will be served first but that might mean a difference of 1 month for Canadian tesla owner vs. Canadian non-Tesla owner as our market, while succesful for tesla, is pretty small relative to their proposed production pace of about 25,000/month.

There are, for ballpark purposes, about 400,000 reservations. Let's say 300,000 go through with it (lots of people have cancelled and will cancel when push comes to shove and the '$35,000' car they put a deposit on configures to $65,000 CAD to get a nice one with a big battery and autopilot).

Thats 300,000 around the world, if allocated similarly to Tesla's sales of Model S/X would mean about 3% are for canada, which is only 9000 cars. When they're making 25,000 a month, they could devote 20% of production to us and cover us off in less than 2 months.

I also already know that why my turn comes up I will defer because I'd only buy one with AWD, big battery, all the good stuff. Anyone see dragtimes do the 0-60 mph test of a RWD big battery model 3? 4.68 seconds to 60 mph...and that was with a 2.2 second 60' time which is pretty terrible (a model S P100D would do the first 60' of a dragstrip in about 1.5 seconds while a 70D would do it in about 1.8 seconds...2.2 is terribly slow)