Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Model 3 Owners In Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised this thread did not already exist.

I put down my reservation for a TM3 on April 1st. I currently drive a Honda Civic Si and was originally looking at pursuing a BMW 340xi or 440xi GC. But after the TM3 reveal, I was instantly swayed. I'm really hoping to not have to wait another 2 years for the release in Canada though.

The new Ontario EV rebates look really enticing as well. What's your story?

Let's get some conversations going!

I'm surprised this thread did not already exist.

I put down my reservation for a TM3 on April 1st. I currently drive a Honda Civic Si and was originally looking at pursuing a BMW 340xi or 440xi GC. But after the TM3 reveal, I was instantly swayed. I'm really hoping to not have to wait another 2 years for the release in Canada though.

The new Ontario EV rebates look really enticing as well. What's your story?

Let's get some conversations going!
My best guess is that you will be waiting at least till end of 2018 based on recent history but it's anyone's guess. Don't forget end of 2017 is the target (could be a handful of cars on December 31 like the X) orders will go out to Tesla and space x employees first, then current Tesla owners, then those who ordered on the West coast, then the rest. Also you ordered after the reveal...

I put in my deposit the minute that reservations opened online, before the reveal. I don't expect to get the car until the second half of 2018, which I am ok with.

I'm thinking the car will cost around 45 grand Canadian (hopefully less though!), and am hoping that the government EV rebates will be just as generous in 2018 as they are now. Between having a couple years to save up for the car and the government subsidy, the car payments should be quite reasonable.

My only concerns are the few amount of service centres and supercharging stations, but all signs point to a huge expansion in Ontario. Exciting times ahead for vehicle electrification in this province!

My best guess is that you will be waiting at least till end of 2018 based on recent history but it's anyone's guess. Don't forget end of 2017 is the target (could be a handful of cars on December 31 like the X) orders will go out to Tesla and space x employees first, then current Tesla owners, then those who ordered on the West coast, then the rest. Also you ordered after the reveal...

I don't have any delusions about a delivery time next year or even first half of 2018. We can just hope that Tesla will get the TM3 into production in a smoother manner based on lessons learned from the TMS and TMX launches. My current car is still very reliable and in great shape so I'm not in any sort of need to buy anything. It is 100% a luxury purchase.

I put in my deposit the minute that reservations opened online, before the reveal. I don't expect to get the car until the second half of 2018, which I am ok with.

I'm thinking the car will cost around 45 grand Canadian (hopefully less though!), and am hoping that the government EV rebates will be just as generous in 2018 as they are now. Between having a couple years to save up for the car and the government subsidy, the car payments should be quite reasonable.

My only concerns are the few amount of service centres and supercharging stations, but all signs point to a huge expansion in Ontario. Exciting times ahead for vehicle electrification in this province!

I hear ya. I'll just be investing the money I had originally saved to buy out the BMW I was considering until the time comes for my TM3 configuration invite. I hope Tesla expands their Ontario presence a lot more by then. There are a lot of Model S's driving around in my area these days.

You also have to hope that the next ON government doesn't immediately cancel the EV purchase incentives. The Cons' friends in the oil and ICE industry must be pushing for that already.

I haven't even thought about that. You are right though.

Hey folks. I'm up in North Bay. I reserved my Model 3 on the 9th of April - having ummed and ahhed about it for a week or so. I had been planning an EV conversion (for a number of years as finances ebbed and flowed) but finally figured spending more on a good car was better than spending less on a slower, older car with much less range. Also for some reason the EV rebate doesn't apply to conversions. :/

Now the long wait.

Hey folks. I'm up in North Bay. I reserved my Model 3 on the 9th of April - having ummed and ahhed about it for a week or so. I had been planning an EV conversion (for a number of years as finances ebbed and flowed) but finally figured spending more on a good car was better than spending less on a slower, older car with much less range. Also for some reason the EV rebate doesn't apply to conversions. :/

Now the long wait.

I was back and forth on whether or not to put a deposit. I should have just done it and thought about it later since it was fully refundable. Hindsight is 20/20. But at least I got in on April 1st in and around the 200,000 mark.

I'm in Barrie and placed my deposit on the Model 3 just prior to the official reveal. Currently driving the Nissan Leaf and my lease ends in 2018. The leaf has been a great car but I'm very anxious to get the Model 3. We have a supercharging station in the south end of our City and I hear they have announced another Supercharging station for Sudbury. It will be interesting to see the development of further infrastructure in Ontario and Canada.

Great idea OP! I've been following Tesla for years and was ready with the deposit preshow but as others have explained I'm not expecting the car until early 2019, I'm happy to be wrong on this one!

Also anyone who hasn't sign up yet and added your info to Model3Tracker.info please do. Toronto is in 2nd place so far! I hope that tells Tesla to get cracking with the SCs (both service and super ones) for all of Ontario.

I've been following Tesla for several years thanks to a good buddy of mine, he got me interested in them and he also has a Model S so I've gone for a ride in one before. I've been waiting patiently (and impatiently) for Tesla to come out with a bit more economical model pretty much ever since I first saw the model S.

I placed my deposit on the 31st before the reveal and love the look of the 3's exterior, I think I will get the metallic silver. Looks gorgeous!
Also I'm glad that my city has a supercharger in place already (Yay Kingston!) so I'm all set to use that for my drives out of town.

I already added my info on the model3 Tracker a little while ago and I hope to see more SC's placed around Ontario as well but I would also like to see some more in northern New York (especially one in Watertown).

Great idea OP! I've been following Tesla for years and was ready with the deposit preshow but as others have explained I'm not expecting the car until early 2019, I'm happy to be wrong on this one!

Also anyone who hasn't sign up yet and added your info to Model3Tracker.info please do. Toronto is in 2nd place so far! I hope that tells Tesla to get cracking with the SCs (both service and super ones) for all of Ontario.

I honestly had no idea the reveal was happening until someone mentioned it to me the night of, after the presentation already occurred. I took some time to read up on all the info that was floating around afterwards and then put down my deposit.

I signed up at model3tracker.info a while back. Good to see the numbers rising.

Couldn't wait for the Model 3, so we traded in my wife's MB SUV for a CPO Tesla S85 last summer. It's been 20000 km of pure joy!

I went in-store on the 31st to put my deposit in, hoping that being an owner, and ahead of those reserving online would put me further up in line, even in front of other Tesla owners who didn't want to go into the store. l-)

Canadian's have historically waited many months longer than our US counterparts when it comes to getting cars that were reserved a year before delivery. I expect the same with Model 3, so am hopeful for late 2018.

Not sure what to do, trade the S85 in for a loaded 3, or keep the S and trade my beloved Smart ED in for the 3...those who haven't driven a Smart ED don't know what they're missing, it's a perky ride, and so much fun on the narrow city streets I commute on. But yeah, I'd love to commute in a Tesla...argg, decisions...

I'm in Barrie and placed my deposit on the Model 3 just prior to the official reveal. Currently driving the Nissan Leaf and my lease ends in 2018. The leaf has been a great car but I'm very anxious to get the Model 3. We have a supercharging station in the south end of our City and I hear they have announced another Supercharging station for Sudbury. It will be interesting to see the development of further infrastructure in Ontario and Canada.

I believe by the end of this year there should be a supercharger in Sudbury, North Bay, and Huntsville. The 3 should make it from Barrie to North Bay at least, but it's always good to have a second option further up the road. They'll need to start the east/west directions next year!

Great news with the expansion of the supercharging stations throughout Ontario and It looks like we can travel tthrough the States right up to Calgary, Edmonton and as far West as Vancouver. Going East we can get as far as Quebec and I think they are placing a Supercharging station in Magog.

Great news with the expansion of the supercharging stations throughout Ontario and It looks like we can travel tthrough the States right up to Calgary, Edmonton and as far West as Vancouver. Going East we can get as far as Quebec and I think they are placing a Supercharging station in Magog.
Good news for you maybe...

I believe by the end of this year there should be a supercharger in Sudbury, North Bay, and Huntsville. The 3 should make it from Barrie to North Bay at least, but it's always good to have a second option further up the road. They'll need to start the east/west directions next year!

Speculation of upcoming North Bay and Huntsville supercharger stations is really great news for me. This will make it possible to travel to and from my cottage in the Temiscamingue region of Quebec with no range anxiety.

Reactions: Thalass
What are you all currently driving?
I have a Model S and my wife has an ice that has to be replaced soon. Have her convinced on the Chevy Volt. But I did reserve an E the morning after the launch for two reasons. Not sure if will need one earlier than 2019 or 2020 so wanted to be further down the line, and even if we don't need it at the time I figure an interest free loan to Tesla to help with the ev revolution is ok; especially when we get next to no return anyway. Besides, my thousand bucks is probably safer with Tesla than in the bank.