Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future outlook on Tesla stock and Model 3 delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stock manipulators thrive on Seeking Alpha. Tesla is a magnet for shorts. Seems like a rather unreliable combination, doesn't it? I think almost anyone who follows Tesla realizes it is a risky venture short term. Hopefully nothing bad happens to Elon's health in the next few years. Is any company more reliant on its leader than Tesla?

I don't visit [SINKING ANCHOR], and obviously, I don't even bother mentioning their name anymore. The majority of the posts there regarding Tesla Motors are purposely misleading and inaccurate. It is just a big steaming pile of digital fishwrap designed to snare robot crawlers that are doing digital data mining.

Reactions: eisbock and EinSV
I don't visit [SINKING ANCHOR], and obviously, I don't even bother mentioning their name anymore. The majority of the posts there regarding Tesla Motors are purposely misleading and inaccurate. It is just a big steaming pile of digital fishwrap designed to snare robot crawlers that are doing digital data mining.
It can be a good source of news though. I particularly like the BREAKING NEWS emails. Just a few quick bullet points to get the unbiased (usually) point across. The articles can be good too if you keep a level head and ignore the bias and scare tactics. God help you if you venture to the comments section though.

For a website devoted to an activity that typically attracts the savvy business-minded, my god those comments are unbridled manure. Never have I seen so many grown men act so childish. Some of these people act like Tesla murdered their family and chopped their balls off the way they persistently attack and slander Tesla. I try to be open-minded and not one of the sheep who thinks everything Tesla does is literally a mission from god, but even I cringe when I see some of those comments. It's relentless and the same repeated garbage on every single SA article I read, which is few and far in between these days.

Seeking Alpha is a cesspool. Sometimes worse than YouTube comments.

I agree to the comments that majority of seeking alpha's tesla articles are almost always negative and poorly informed with misrepresented "facts".
I imagine there are two kinds of Tesla posters.... those who are working for much larger firms in order to discredit Tesla in anyway possible (Elson has tweeted about these guys) or dudes who are trying to get as many view as possible to make more money. What better way to do that than make us fan boys read the articles and comment in order to correct them, and hence make it even more popular.

Anybody can sign up to become a poster on seeking alpha, claim to be an expert, and profit from it. From their website "Contributors earn a base payment of $35 for every article plus an additional $10 for every 1,000 page views their articles generate. Only premium articles (articles that are exclusive to Seeking Alpha) are eligible for these payments."

Tried to read the article. Couldn't make any sense of it. I bought some TSLA at around $35, back when I got my Roadster and the Model S was not yet being sold. Lots of people were shorting the stock back then, and predicting the imminent demise of the company. The stock has come down from its high, but is still about 6 1/2 times what I paid for it. But I only bought a couple of hundred shares just for fun because I'm not a risk taker, and any company this new and bold is a risk. I just wanted a piece of the company because I love what it's doing. For me it's not an investment, it's a statement of support.

What I don't get are the people who keep insisting that Tesla is losing money. Growth companies don't pay dividends. They put all the cash back into growth. Tesla is building, building, building. Their plant is big enough to grow. They're building the battery plant. They're going to do the powerwall thing (not sure what I think of that idea, but I'm not going to short Elon Musk). Now, of course, they've merged with Solar City (so I suddenly found myself with some more TSLA shares because I had some SCTY.)

But there are people who are married to gasoline. Musk is telling them that they are dinosaurs, that their beloved muscle cars are ruining the planet, and that makes them angry. So they lash out. Or maybe they just hate the idea of a quiet car.

What I don't get are the people who keep insisting that Tesla is losing money.
This blows my mind honestly. Tesla is building what equates to a worldwide gas station network as well as repair centers across the globe. Not to mention huge factories to make cars and more huge factories to make their power source.

People are surprised they're losing money? But I guess the stock and number of investors who are clamoring to buy and support Tesla are a testament to these people being a minority. The people with the money and power to allow Tesla to succeed clearly have a more level head on their shoulders, and the fact that everybody hasn't shorted Tesla yet shows that what they're doing isn't surprising or worrisome. I don't get why people insist it's a problem when it's not. Probably because they shorted the stock and want Tesla to fail.

Burning Tesla is good click bait. And at least the article writer was honest in saying "I/WE ************SHORT TESLA***********"

You can beat your a$$ he wants the company to fail.

I don't gulp the Kool-Aid as you need to view everything in life in a pragmatic fashion but I've wondered:

How bad is it to delay delivery of cars? In the mid to long term, delayed revenue is not the same as lost revenue.

You need market equilibrium but I will definitely take supply side issues over demand side. Tesla sells every car it makes. I'm not going to buy an econobox bolt because I can't wait 1 year for a far superior option.

Chevy Bolt Econo box vs Titanium Model 3 wrapped in Xpel Stealth?

Tesla please....

It's worth noting that money invested in expansion of plant is not "lost." You're not losing money when you spend it to build production capacity. If you build a car for $45,000 and sell it for $50,000 you've made $5,000 profit. If you now take that $5,000 plus another $5,000 of new money and use it to buy more factory equipment, you have not lost $5,000, and you are not hemorrhaging money.

And when the most reputable consumer/testing operation in the country (perhaps the world) says your car is the best they've ever tested, and the government gives it the highest safety rating possible in every category, it's a pretty good sign that you're doing something right. When, further, you announce a new model, and even before the formal announcement people are lining up everywhere to plunk down a $1,000 reservation fee, it suggests that people want to buy your car.

My only complaint is having to wait a year for my Model 3. The consolation is I'm still driving my Roadster in the mean time. I feel sorry for the folks who have to drive stinkers and burn gasoline until their Model 3 comes. Well, I do have another complaint: I wish I had the garage space to keep the Roadster when the Model 3 comes.

Reactions: Red Sage