Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grasonville, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Nav works but Find Me is still never changed.... I would have thought it was the same database, at some level.... hm....

I assume you mean Nav shows totally available as up and ready with x stalls available?
It (Grasonville SC) showed as a red pin on in-vehicle navigation this morning en route there. When I clicked on the pin, it showed 8 of 12 stalls available, but when I arrived, there were no vehicles charging -- All stalls were open.
When I plugged in on 3a, my navigation then read 7 of 12 stalls available, still with me being the only Tesla there charging.

Not sure what your referring to with "Find Me"...?
Hope this is helpful....

It (Grasonville SC) showed as a red pin on in-vehicle navigation this morning en route there. When I clicked on the pin, it showed 8 of 12 stalls available, but when I arrived, there were no vehicles charging -- All stalls were open.
When I plugged in on 3a, my navigation then read 7 of 12 stalls available, still with me being the only Tesla there charging.

Not sure what your referring to with "Find Me"...?
Hope this is helpful....
Find Us (that's the actual name, my bad) is the Tesla.com Supercharger locator (it also has Service Centers, Destination Chargers, etc.). You would think they would show the same available information for the Supercharger sites... :) Grasonville has never changed from 'Coming Soon in 2017' there. So, having it up on Nav is interesting. For example, Aberdeen and La Vale are up on Find Us, and they were finished after Grasonville.

Find Us (that's the actual name, my bad) is the Tesla.com Supercharger locator (it also has Service Centers, Destination Chargers, etc.). You would think they would show the same available information for the Supercharger sites... :) Grasonville has never changed from 'Coming Soon in 2017' there. So, having it up on Nav is interesting. For example, Aberdeen and La Vale are up on Find Us, and they were finished after Grasonville.
Ahhh, got it.
Yeah, you would think they would have one common way to update Find Us & In-vehicle navigation concurrently. Apparently not....
Thanks for clarifying!

Reactions: boaterva
Charged here twice yesterday. First time on my way to Queenstown outlets with the whole family. First time I ever let my battery get that low (showing orange on the dash), but pulled in to a stall (sorry don't remember the number, I think 2B but it is next to the left pull in spot). We actually all got out to get drinks and a snack. Charge rate was the highest I have ever seen before (only used two other superchargers - Laurel and Salisbury). Rate was super high (no pun intended) at something like 340-360 mph. There was one other Tesla charging on a different pair. Got to about 60% and we headed out. Stopped again on the way back, as traffic to cross the bridge was backed up all the way to the supercharger and gridlocked, so it made sense to top off a little as we would be running the air conditioning and could be stopped for a while. There was a tow truck with a car in tow parked parallel to the entire first row of chargers. No other Teslas charging. Pulled into the other pull in spot. Only got about 280 mph charge. Tow truck driver came over and wanted to chat, but after I reamed him for blocking the other chargers, he walked away. Probably should not have lost my cool, but its a huge lot and I was irritated. Anyway, got to 70% and headed out. I have a feeling this will be a very busy place from May to September (it's on the main route to the Ocean)

Reactions: boaterva
Charged here twice yesterday. First time on my way to Queenstown outlets with the whole family. First time I ever let my battery get that low (showing orange on the dash), but pulled in to a stall (sorry don't remember the number, I think 2B but it is next to the left pull in spot). We actually all got out to get drinks and a snack. Charge rate was the highest I have ever seen before (only used two other superchargers - Laurel and Salisbury). Rate was super high (no pun intended) at something like 340-360 mph. There was one other Tesla charging on a different pair. Got to about 60% and we headed out. Stopped again on the way back, as traffic to cross the bridge was backed up all the way to the supercharger and gridlocked, so it made sense to top off a little as we would be running the air conditioning and could be stopped for a while. There was a tow truck with a car in tow parked parallel to the entire first row of chargers. No other Teslas charging. Pulled into the other pull in spot. Only got about 280 mph charge. Tow truck driver came over and wanted to chat, but after I reamed him for blocking the other chargers, he walked away. Probably should not have lost my cool, but its a huge lot and I was irritated. Anyway, got to 70% and headed out. I have a feeling this will be a very busy place from May to September (it's on the main route to the Ocean)
We will definitely be using this next summer as we stay at a B&B in Oxford which has destination chargers (a HPWC and a 1772), but having a SuC right on the way is so much better. Even though you may not need the HPWC if you top off here, we will still use the HPWC to reinforce that people with them are the way to go. :D

On the Find Us page now.

IMG_3762.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Saghost and BigD0g
RFS_Recycle.jpg

A few weeks ago I reached out to Royal Farms to suggest they provide recycle/trash containers and windshield cleaning squeegees by the Supercharger stalls just like they have at the gas pumps. They responded with an enthusiastic yes!

I'm happy to report that that they've already put in the recycle/waste bin. I expect we’ll see the squeegees soon.

How important to you are these and what other amenities do you value?

-Lanny

Is there no other empty parking lot there? If not, I guess we get it.. but this will be fun in heavy usage like next summer...

Maybe we need to get the whole thing painted green, like Skyland at Skyline has...
There is parking everywhere, but this is more of the “loading dock” area. My guess is, if someone is parked there then the 6 spot section will be fine. It will only be a concern when there is more than a few Tesla’s there. I have never seen another Tesla when I’ve charged here maybe 6 times. Just park in the 30 minute general spots first.

There is parking everywhere, but this is more of the “loading dock” area. My guess is, if someone is parked there then the 6 spot section will be fine. It will only be a concern when there is more than a few Tesla’s there. I have never seen another Tesla when I’ve charged here maybe 6 times. Just park in the 30 minute general spots first.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. They are used to using it to get to the back of the store. Probably good for us to keep away from the ‘commercial’ part of the parking lot.