Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Supercharger Sites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Would like to be able to go from Huntersville NC to near Boone NC and back. There is a supercharger near Hickory NC but it’s a much poorer route. Once up there I will have some ability to charge on 110 overnight if I can get the right parking spot. Probably average 25 miles a day driving while up there. I want the Y but the BMW X5 hybrid might make more sense. There is some level 2 charging in Boone but tends to be taken and I don’t want to drive into town just to charge.

I Would like to be able to go from Huntersville NC to near Boone NC and back. There is a supercharger near Hickory NC but it’s a much poorer route. Once up there I will have some ability to charge on 110 overnight if I can get the right parking spot. Probably average 25 miles a day driving while up there. I want the Y but the BMW X5 hybrid might make more sense. There is some level 2 charging in Boone but tends to be taken and I don’t want to drive into town just to charge.
Just checked the route planner on Plugshare.com

DC Fast Charging does look sparse in your area, but it looks like you have some new options coming in the spring. If you currently own or are planning on purchasing a Tesla, you would need a CHAdeMO adapter for these locations.

For the most part, it looks like you have a few EVgo 50kw right now which isn't too great. I do see there are some more DCFC stations coming soon.

You already have one Chargepoint 62.5kw open at BP in Huntersville. there is a planned 50kw (probably EVgo) at Statesville. I also see Boone is planning on adding a 62.5kw Chargepoint of their own via Blue Ridge Energy.

Attachments

• 2020-12-15 11_12_47-PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map.jpg
    2020-12-15 11_12_47-PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: APotatoGod
The Y should get you there and back, so if you can charge enough for the miles you drive when there that should do it. Worst case you go home via Hickory - 20 minutes longer plus 20 minute charge.

I think if you want a Y you could make it work. If you prefer the hybrid, that would work too.

How about installing L2 charging at your destination?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod