Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Superchargers on I-5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This map shows lots of future supercharging stations on I-5. They say due to open in 2019. Is there a way to get more accurate timing or are we on Elon time. Lots of new chargers coming. I'd just like a better idea of when.

Find Us | Tesla

upload_2019-8-27_13-9-0.png

This map shows lots of future supercharging stations on I-5. They say due to open in 2019. Is there a way to get more accurate timing or are we on Elon time. Lots of new chargers coming. I'd just like a better idea of when.

Find Us | Tesla

View attachment 447079
There is a yearly change to these. Very few actually get built that were planned in the year Tesla states. I've seen it happen over 3 times. I now use supercharge.info

Reactions: eustachio

Find Us | Tesla

View attachment 447079

To further confound things, there are sites not listed on the map at all that are actually under construction, like one a few miles south of the border in Blaine on the I-5 :)

Signs and wiring are done, new paving ... just missing pedestals it looks like:
Supercharger - Blaine, WA

... and this isn't even on the map :D

Screenshot from 2019-08-27 20-33-34.png

supercharge.info is awesome! I check the updates page every week or so to see the network’s progress. Still waiting for an Oregon “construction” update!

Yeah, there has basically been no progress on superchargers in Oregon since I bought my M3 last year.

We need Roseburg... We need Salem... We need Portland Urban Superchargers... We need everything on their list and more. Not to mention Longview, Olympia, etc....

Clearly Tesla’s capital crunch has delayed supercharger rollouts. Probably they are also focusing on international.

Can you tell I am disgruntled? :)

As with most things Elon, if you evaluate by his stated goal deadlines you’ll be disappointed. But if you step back and look at how much he’s done over the past few years without looking at his self-imposes time limits, then it’s really quite impressive. The supercharger network is, has been, and will likely remain for some time the only viable mechanism for long-distance cross country travel in an electric vehicle. And it is still getting better fast. If not as fast as we’d like!

Yeah, there has basically been no progress on superchargers in Oregon since I bought my M3 last year.

We need Roseburg... We need Salem... We need Portland Urban Superchargers... We need everything on their list and more. Not to mention Longview, Olympia, etc....

If you overlay Electrify America with the Supercharger network it fills in some of those gaps ... you just need a CHAdeMO (or future CCS) adapter ;)

Reactions: RyanT
If you overlay Electrify America with the Supercharger network it fills in some of those gaps ... you just need a CHAdeMO (or future CCS) adapter ;)

EA is building one at Willows - which would be quite useful for folks using the Thunderhill Raceway. Be nice if Tesla did as well - as it is a bit of a drive to Corning or (under construction) Williams. One could use CHAdeMO - but EA typically only puts one of them at each site.

EA is building one at Willows - which would be quite useful for folks using the Thunderhill Raceway. Be nice if Tesla did as well - as it is a bit of a drive to Corning or (under construction) Williams. One could use CHAdeMO - but EA typically only puts one of them at each site.

FWIW, to me, single charger sites are of marginal value. Hard to rely on something for long distance travel that could be broken or in use. Perhaps this changes as density increases (the one in the next parking lot over is a fine substitute), but it is kind of a hard deal today.

Reactions: darth_vad3r

Yeah, Tesla drug their heals long enough on the M3 CHAdeMO support that it is hard to justify getting one now.

What we really need now is a CCS adapter since that is clearly going to be the US 3rd party charging standard going forward. I am curious if this can be a cheap adapter without electronics, or if it will need to be big and complex like CHAdeMO?