Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future vehicle improvements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Buckminster

Aug 29, 2018
UK
You can brag from time to time. As a longtime Tesla/T-Mobile customer I simply detest waiting for my Tesla to have connectivity when I do my long-planned Pan-American Highway trip. Maybe fantasy for me, but entirely doable with good communications all the way. Smart trippers already plan for every welding shop adapter in remote parts.

This, seemingly a small deal, sets the stage for Tesla global vehicle connectivity on global terms. When considering the rapidly expanding footprint this is Real Money. JUST through cost savings alone this could mean >$100 million per annum additional revenue, solely with fleet Premium Connectivity improvements.
The source calculations I made are now being tested by a telecommunications maven (my nephew- >20 years doing network work with firms controlled by the then, world's wealthiest man.)

We have long speculated on the potential harmony between Starlink and Tesla. Adding commercial telecoms to the mix suddenly becomes transformational.

This adds measurably to TSLA value.

(my opinions, without supporting evidence nor proofs. Thus, don't believe me unless you do your own evaluation. When you do, you'll add to your assessment ofTSLA value.)

Ha, great name for new tech :D "The technology known as M3P ..."

"The new materials would improve energy density by 10% to 20% compared to iron phosphate batteries, according to Zeng Yuqun, the chairman of China-based CATL."